scar500, Yautja, 11 years ago

Hey, I've just received a free Minecraft Giftcode!
You can get one too!

Deathdrop, Yautja, 11 years ago

^ Scar, posts like that are a really good way to get confused for a spam bot.

SuperTrey007, Yautja, 11 years ago

i dont like minecraft

-Bloo-, Yautja, 11 years ago

Dammit, Trey, just when I thought you couldn't break my heart anymore, you bring me back in.

@DD: God dammit, you're all making me fall for shit. And I just woke up from a nice nap!

Edit: Oh, well my sig's showing up again. Carry on.

DarkLioness, Yautja, 11 years ago

So who is looking forward to Football season?

Not me.

tawganator, Yautja, 11 years ago

I assume this is American football so no then

i dont like football either

Trey, now we can start to rebuild.

Wow. I expected to be the only one who didn't like it. Well done, everyone.

supersonicman96, Yautja, 11 years ago

The only sport i'm really good at is fencing. I can't play football for my life.

@DD: Okay, sure, I like watching the Super Bowl, but half of my participation grade comes from my enthusiasm for the commercials, some of which have become (for lack of better phrasing) fucking retarded. Still, they make the room explode.

I haven't payed attention to any sport in the last 5 years. I only recently got back into the NBA and that was during the play-offs. During the duration of that I was a poor fan and didn't root for anybody. I don't even know who won the series.

Sports to me is like... Who has the fucking energy? I mean, yeah, impressive athleticism and all, but I can't bring myself to "root" for one set of jerseys over the other.

I think the Chaos Theory guy from the Jurassic Park novel said it best when it comes to how boring sports can potentially be. Coincidentally, I first read it about 5 years ago.

I don't remember him addressing the same issue in the movie. At least, he probably didn't elaborate as much on the subject. It was interesting how incredibly boring he made sports sound. From what I remember, the gist of it went something like this:

"Two men spending hours upon hours swinging a ball back and forth doesn't sound like a good time in any language."

I dont play or like that many sports.

Also why do we have to lose to someone with a higher rank.

Well, Trey, think about our situation if our levels were reversed. Would you want to lose to me if you'd been here 5+ years and I signed up yesterday?

Maybe a harsh way to support this idea is comparing new members to new Call of Duty players. Now, that game series is notorious for taking a massive shit on new players, but imagine being one of the veterans who've worked long and hard for all their guns and 7th prestige or whatever the hell it is. Imagine that one day, after having gotten nearly everything, that the developer decides to make all that bullshit available from day one, which means you just wasted about 11 months trying to be cool when in fact you could have started out cool.

I know how it is being on both ends of the spectrum, believe me - as a beginner, you hate veterans because of all the toys they have. As a veteran, you hate F.N.G.'s because they keep complaining that they have to actually work their way up.

Though to me, honestly, it all comes down to skill. If you're new and just naturally good at FPS games and you genuinely give me a run for my money, I'm glad I played you. Likewise, if you signed up just earlier today and you're truly one of the most excellent writers to have ever graced the earth and you engage me in a captivating war of words, I really don't give a damn whether or not you end up the winner.

In my lifetime, I've met many excellent gamers online who were lower ranked than me. Some of my friends, whom I've introduced certain games to, have gotten better than me at them. You don't have to do let the bigger guy win. If you're better, prove it.

....then again, it doesn't hurt having more shit than the other guy.

Edit: I was reading through the earlier pages in this thread and goddamn, we were fuckin' weird. And that was just last year. Late last year.

In the midst of my trek to the past (up to page 21), I happened upon our discussion about apple sauce being better than Super 8 and how it's too good for this shit. My favorite part was Apple Motherfucking Sauce. Shit yeah.

One of these days I'm going to go on a massive archive binge of all the of-topic threads. It will be glorious.

I can't do it tonight, though, because I'm going to see that "Ted" movie. It will either be terrible, awesome, or, much like Family Guy, both in varying doses.

DarkLioness, Yautja, 11 years ago

I'm heading to New Orleans!

I've never been anywhere near the east coast. I've love to go to the birth place of jazz and channel the energy of all the past drummers into a 30-second single-stroke roll that would burn my fingers off.

@DD: I'm about to dive back into the first thread. Someone cover me.

Edit: I've seen non-fans of Family Guy say they enjoyed Ted. So that's... a good thing?

Edit: I went up to around the same number of pages before I couldn't read anymore - mostly due to my own half-retarded attempts at making conversation. Corn? Corn?