DoomTrooper, Yautja, 12 years ago

http://cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/02/19/10449704-lab-grown-hamburger-due-to-be-served-up-this-year-for-330000

There is no way IN HELL I am eating this shit! I could taste like Filet Mignon I still won't eat! What if everyone who eats developes some type of contagious virus like in 28 Days Later?

Deathdrop, Yautja, 12 years ago

^ A reasonable conclusion.

DarkLioness, Yautja, 12 years ago

@bloodstriker

Nope I'm a Californian like a few of the other people here. My dad grew up in NC but then he moved to California with my mom after he left the Army.

@DoomTrooper

I ain't eating that either.

@Deathdrop

You know they aren't going to tell the WHOLE truth about that burger.

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!

Lady, we live in a country filled with people with jobs and lives, and those people have to be fed FAST. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lieutenant Darklioness? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for the disgusting ingredients, and you curse the institution of McDonald's.

You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that the chemical makeup of these burgers, while revolting, keeps America FED; and the Big Mac's existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps America FED.

You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you WANT that fast food joint there. You NEED it there, because after a miserable day shift at UPS, your screaming children will demand food, and you will have neither the time nor the inclination to make some!

We use words like "safety standards," "hygiene," "nutrient paste." We use these words as the backbone of web of lies that keeps the FDA off our backs so you can have your protein-based slop when you need it!

I don't need to explain myself to someone who turns their nose at the Happy Meal and then, when they're out of money and vegan beef jerky, comes crawling back for an egg McMuffin!

I would rather you say "thank you" and pulled through to the next window. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a spatula AND START GRILLING! Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think is in that burger, BECAUSE YOU'LL EAT IT ANYWAY!

Shadowwall, Yautja, 12 years ago

@Darkcountess I beg you fix your signature. It's disturbing me...

DW wrote: Countess, don't just copy and paste exactly what I wrote there, it has invisible characters to make it appear in the post. Rewrite it and instead of imageaddresshere paste the link to the picture.

like this => <­center­> (before the) <­img src="imageaddresshere"­> (and then) <­/­center­> after.

imageAdres = "http://img804.imageshack.us/img804/5315/darkcountess.png"

Mebber, Yautja, 12 years ago

I just survived two hours of ecology class with a bunch of magniloquent veggie-bio-food-freaks, just leave me alone with this 'healthy eating' crab. I'm not gonna give up my daily piece of fatty meat, no matter what they're preaching.

Hmm, i'm hungry right now, guess i'll go buy one of these yummy new McCancer burgers they're advertising recently...

-Bloo-, Yautja, 12 years ago

^Eat yo' veggies, bitches. They enhance yo' penis! Even if you ain't got one! Ha ha!

(What's so great about most protesting crowds is that a good chunk of one doesn't actually know what's really being protested - the crowd's few leaders gather strength in numbers no matter how correct in the matter they actually are.

One of the greatest lines I've ever heard in any movie is, "If I yell louder than you, does that make me any more right?" which rings true for nearly every argument ever wrongly won. I'm glad none of that happens here.)

bloodstriker, Yautja, 12 years ago

I will type two words:Life sucks. and whos getting mass effect 3?

DeathWraith, Yautja, 12 years ago

@Bloo: It did, back when Predess was still a regular. I hate to bring up this subject, because it worked in my favour, but god, some of the things that happened here were cruel.

Edit: And I am going to play the fuck out of Mass Effect 3. I've already warned my girlfriend when we "went steady" that there would be a week this spring when I would not leave my PC except for getting food and going to the bathroom.

AmerthystBlades, Yautja, 12 years ago

@DeathWraith

O.O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's all I got.

@Countess

Hurry up and fix you sig. Chug a bottle of NyQuil. Unless you have Captain Trips.....then your fucked.

You don't chug Nyquil unless you're trying to commit suicide. Or become a zombie.

Omg.I just survived anothor fucking day at a sda school!I feel great also ive been writing a bunch more poetry ima list some below.And who saw the mass effect 3 trailer it looks beast.Also deathwraith dont ignore your gf you might get you know what.Heres that poetry.

Revelation...

i am...
something more
than my regrets,
something less,
than my dreams.
more of a carpenter
than a sculptor,
more of a farmer
than a savior.
dented, bruised, dusty,
and often busted.
i know the darkness
as well as the light,
sometimes better!
peaceful, but not a pushover,
will fight when cornered.
know about your jails,
and the prison of self.
been a drunkard, been a healer,
a mad lover, an unholy priest.
i've plowed the earth,
plowed the body,
built fires in the rain.
i am...
forgiveness, redemption,
passion, and spirit.
i am what i am,
and that is enough!

You fix your sig, too. You've been told by a mod already. The rules specify the maximum length and hight for an image used as signature.

So your saying don't ignore your girlfriend while in this "revelation" she is only talking about herself...

Have your gaming week, she doesn't deserve it.

and besides ... "i am what i am,
and that is enough!"

really ? Never understood poetry...

As art, poetry takes some time to understand. Just like this. I'm stunned by their graceful movements, i wish i could dance like this too. It's a shame i've never been interested in ballet before.

I especially like how they've pointed out the subliminal sexual attraction between C3PO and Vader. What a pity they didn't included R2D2 too, but i guess a threesome between a swishy robot, a male cyborg who is coincidentally the robots creator and an oversized tincan would be too much.

bertstare.jpg

"So your saying don't ignore your girlfriend while in this "revelation" she is only talking about herself...

Have your gaming week, she doesn't deserve it."

I hope you weren't talking to me, because I don't understand the first sentence and I disagree with the second.

Also, I thought Bloodstriker's poem was pretty clear and on-point. Not hard to understand at all. And those lyrics you cited aren't even figurative speech. You understood the rest of the poem but didn't understand the only part that lacked stylistic devices?

Bert is a boring babbitt. His cousin has a much more interesting life.

11hfna1.jpg

Wtf does bert and ernie have to do with fucking poetry excuse my language also i was watchin family guy and they showed bert and ernie doin it.