PREDATORv2, Yautja, 12 years ago

Thank you. I'm going to take you at your word. Anyways check out this alien sig I just made!!!

adsig.png

Shadowwall, Yautja, 12 years ago

Nice as always!

I wonder where you keep getting those renders from...

Lately i've been trying to make signature by drawing from scratch.
But honestly... i couldn't even follow the tutorial at all.
Got much of respect for guys that can draw stuff like that.

I don't really sport alien sigs, so would any of you aliens want this signature? I'll change the text to your name and whatever tag line you'd like.

And renders are easy, my favorite place for predator renders is: www.predatorstuff.com

Otherwise for alien renders I usually just google or bing them, or try checking out www.spawn.com

They made a bunch of really good looking alien and predator figures, good place to find renders.

DeathWraith, Yautja, 12 years ago

Damn I wish I had more time to practice making sigs and generally shooping... Haven't really opened photoshop in more than three months.

-Bloo-, Yautja, 12 years ago

I know I've said this countless times, but I've got a goddamn horrible ability to find alien/predator renders or stocks. I used to do what PV2 does but everyone got to using the same images and I just stopped trying - working with the two is a nightmare for me anyway. I was lucky enough to come up with what I've got now and it's why I don't normally take requests from this place anymore (that and I'm a lazy bastard).

PV2 (and any other designer on here, really), your tags make me jealous sometimes. I've always much preferred just about any other subject matter when it comes to designing these things.

daveberg, Yautja, 12 years ago

I definitely salute all you tag makers on the site now, your work is outstanding, it's funny seeing people overtake me in the sigs game, seeing as i'd be bold enough to say I was the protagonist of the sig on this site many moons ago. I am so out of the game now, haven't made a tag in years.

Seeing some great stuff here, especially from PV2 and Bloo.

DarkLioness, Yautja, 12 years ago

Hot damn you guys are good in the sig department! I've tired to get photoshop for my computer but that didn't work out so well. So I'm just left to draw which I haven't be doing in a while thank's to minimal to no money. There is this paint thing on my computer that I'm ok at but not by much.

Anywho is it weird that I like dance to this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QCl8_s4RNA&feature=colike

-Bloo-, Yautja, 12 years ago

It's great to hear that from you, Dave, considering you were one of the people who inspired me to start using Photoshop in the first place. It's been so long... I remember trying to get back on track from my own hiatus about a year or two ago. I use it constantly now, just like back then, only I'm a lot better now.

'Course, now it's mostly larger projects and posters rather than sigs, but still. Nice to start up PS nearly daily. You know, it'd be really interesting to see everyone's projects not posted here - it's a shame our old gfx community died off. I never did join another designing community afterward, though you can always find me lurking around random places Google brings me to.

@Lioness: I used to love drawing, too. I recently did a pastel thing of the girl from Let the Right One In. No pics of it, though.

I don't want to sound like a broken record, but I have to agree with bloo when he posted this: "Dave, considering you were one of the people who inspired me to start using Photoshop in the first place." Cause it is the absolute truth for me. I had no idea about graphic design until I came on this forum and saw your amazing sigs dave. Thanks for the kind words guys, means a lot.

Thanks for the very kind words guys, means a lot.

Like I said, your stuff now, to me, is jaw dropping, i'm real impressed....

(Liquid gfx is still 'online' if anyone ever fancies making a comeback...;o)

I'll support that plug Dave. Actually my old username on there was Archer, and I'm all for getting that place booming again.

Deathdrop, Yautja, 12 years ago

Quick question for the other mods: Are you guys having trouble posting in the Mod room? I get an error message whenever I hit the "reply" button.

Me too, can't reply or make a topic. I'm assuming its because P is messing around with the clans' setup.

Praetorian, Yautja, 12 years ago

Fixed guys, did a little change yesterday that had some side effects :).

lol, awesome.

Shadowwall, Yautja, 12 years ago

"Dave, considering you were one of the people who inspired me to start using Photoshop in the first place."

Hehe instead of Dave I would use Pv2 as the one who inspired me with his beautifull work. Nice to see different generations of photoshop users being connected like this.

Thx to the skills i learned from Pv2's and some other tutorials I made some signatures (still apprentice lvl but some are really looking good ^^) on a few forums and it is a fun job to do. But my and probably others greatest foe is time. Whenever i get a little spare time there's always something that blocks me from using more photoshop.

So I thank dave for inspiring my inspirers.

Heh, you guys are making me feel like such an old timer....in the nicest possible way.

Maybe I'll dust off my copy of Photoshop and see if I've got any magic left in the tank......

Holy cock boggles I have to agree with Shadowwall. Though since I'm a communist I've always preferred Bloo's monochrome style, it's true that I could never have made anything even close to a proper sig without v2's tutorial, partly because I'm too lazy to learn on my own and mostly because I suffer from a complete lack of talent when it comes to fitting colours together - probably the real reason I prefer a monochrome style. But yeah, what I was about to say was the time thing, it's a really time consuming job to search for proper renders, backgrounds and other stuff like that, and then figure out exactly what to do with them.

WankBlade, Yautja, 12 years ago

DELETED

by Praetorian

Oh BOY it's THIS guy again! If anyone in my clan responds to him, I am fucking disowning you, you will not make yourselves look like retards while Dave and P are here.