So... Which Movie had the Best Music?

Deathdrop, Yautja, 12 years ago

I figure we should at least pretend to be an A/P site.

For me it's Alien, bar none.

Gaunt, Yautja, 12 years ago

I think the first Predator movie has got some real decent music, mainly that theme tune that has become iconic to the film.

dundundunnuhnuh!

Aliens has good music aswell, I just don't find the theme music in that film as catchy as the Predator theme tune.

It's more tranquil in my opinion.

That's what made it so freaky to me. There's long stretches without any music, then it comes in very quietly, and then WHAM! The music never warned you that the Alien was about to show up; it would just show up.

The fact that it was so understated is what made it feel so remote and claustrophobic. That said, I do love me some Long Tall Sally.

-Bloo-, Yautja, 12 years ago

Dude, you are seriously running out of ideas. I applaud your strength.

The only theme music I ever remembered from any of the movies was the piece from Predator. It's not particularly great or catchy or anything, it's literally the only music I remember ever hearing in the movies. Which probably means it's been long enough since I've last seen any of them.

It was this or "Predator: Boxers or briefs?"

the_doctor, Yautja, 12 years ago

Predator for me, then Aliens.

DeathWraith, Yautja, 12 years ago

Hey, I'd reply, but I don't ever pay attention to music in movies as separate from the rest of the movie, so I have no idea which movie has what music.

daveberg, Yautja, 12 years ago

I cleaned this topic up slightly - it has real potential.

Aliens for me - 'Futile Escape' And 'Bishops countdown' defined the movie. Fantastic pieces.

Then of course, closely followed is the Alien soundtrack - eerie, haunting, slow building, traits of the actual movie itself.

Peterson, Yautja, 12 years ago

I have to say the combat music in Aliens, has a catchy sound that really gets your heart pumping and ready for action!

Mebber, Yautja, 12 years ago

My favorites are both main themes from Alien and Aliens as well as "The Nostromo" from alien and "Ripley's Rescue" from Aliens.

Sparrow, Yautja, 12 years ago

Aliens