Site Improvment

Peterson, Human, 13 years ago

Not sure if we have one currently but i thought we did at one point, anyways if you think theres something that could be done in the mods powers to redo the site give some insight here. and lets see what they think!

Personnally i would like to have a newsletter that we send out weekly if we cant use the sites newsletter maybe we can look into making our own?

Mebber, Human, 13 years ago

Deathdrop made up a similiar thread awhile ago:

http://www.alienvspredator2.com/forum/6920-24.html

We've discussed related stuff in other threads too, for example the debate about an independent off-topic board, but we didn't came to an arrangement as far as i remember.

I don't know how many powers the admins have, but i think there isn't very much we can do without Praetorians help. Remember the discussion about the almost-dead clans.

About the newsletter, we could update it more often, but we need content to post.

Edit1: It would have been a good thing to post infos like the news about the former alien prequel/the new film from Ridley Scott in the news i guess. Point is, personally i'm not very up-to-date with such news that much, but i'll try to pay a little bit more attention for such stuff.

Well i mean If you want mebber i can come up with a newsletter and send it to you via email or something along the lines of that. Always a possiblity to set up a youtube account and do a weekly show about the hottest topics and stuff on the site. That wouldnt be too difficult.

Mebber, Human, 13 years ago

Thanks for your dedication, but i don't think that will be necessary. If you've got something interesting enough for the news, like an interview or new informations about a movie, you can post and discuss them in the main board directly and we'll may add it to the news.

yup no problem man just let me know im on the internet basicly all day anyways since my office is dead when it comes to work...

concretehunter, Human, 13 years ago

I would personaly like to find a way to attract a bigger community. Also some form of messaging system.

predatorgirl, Human, 13 years ago

i would agree

only problem with a messaging system is it would have to be coded into the website and the only person with that access is P and well lets face it hes not the most active person on here anymore so you know I dont really see how we can impliment anything new to the website to be honest. without getting in touch with P there is almost nothing we can do in regards to anything new the sad truth. But if P ever doest come back then maybe we can see some improvments to the site until then well what you see is what you get.

DeathWraith, Human, 13 years ago

Well, he IS known for making short appearances and doing a great job in a short time too.

Shadowwall, Human, 13 years ago

That's kinda the definition of a webmaster

@ShadowWall, To be honest the websites that i run as a webmaster i am pretty active and am always quick to respond to any problems my users encounter.

Shadowwall, Human, 13 years ago

This site doesn't change fast until there are new ideas so it's logic. This site is probably a little less active then yours, I wouldn't know.

Just saying that a completed site only needs a check up once in a while. This while depends on the webmaster, how much work he has and all that stuff.

From this point we just wait on P, unless somebody can contact him.