Ideas you'd like to see implemented in AvP stories

Deathdrop, Yautja, 13 years ago

What are some concepts/ideas/developments you'd like to see used in future A and/or P media (be it movies, comics, games, etc.)

It can be related to the universe, the creatures, the technology, backstory, whatever.

PREDATORv2, Yautja, 13 years ago

I want to see the preds all out dominate the aliens... "No more Oh he kicked a bunch of ass, but still gets wasted in the end.."

Preds need to dominate in any future movies involving aliens.

Sam-Jack-Dunn, Yautja, 13 years ago

In the Movies, I'd like to see the CMC make a comeback. It would be interesting to see how the preds deal with, say, sentry turrets, smartguns, motion trackers, all that pretty stuff.

Shadowwall, Yautja, 13 years ago

I like to see some humans fight hand to hand with the preds or aliens (like arnold did but better).
Some skilled japanese martial-artists or something ^^

Mebber, Yautja, 13 years ago

I'd like to see more of the preds society, and not only their hunters.

"In the Movies, I'd like to see the CMC make a comeback. It would be interesting to see how the preds deal with, say, sentry turrets, smartguns, motion trackers, all that pretty stuff."

^A big dito for that one.

DeathWraith, Yautja, 13 years ago

I want to see the aliens all out dominate the preds... "No more Oh he gets wasted in the end, but still kicked a bunch of ass.."

Aliens need to dominate in any future movies involving preds.

As long as the humans don't dominate in the end... its kinda ridiculous but at least a few humans always survives the contact with two of the deadliest species ever seen.

A movie without a damn human-friendly happy end would be nice for a change.

Rogue, Yautja, 13 years ago

I'd like to see some female Predators for once! That would be great considering they can kick just as much ass as the males!

Survivor88, Yautja, 13 years ago

I'd like to see an even fight with the aliens and predators and no retard humans coming in the middle of the fight joining the predators side.

LadyDeathStriker, Yautja, 13 years ago

I'd love to see that too.

I'd like to see the following, in no particular order:

What Earth looks like after all these years: The A:CM concept art convinced me that this would be interesting for the visuals alone, although I'd also like to see what life is like there. It's overpopulated, over-polluted, running out of resources and completely controlled by corporations. Let's SEE that.

Different clans of Preds interacting: This might be one for the comics, but I still think it'd be cool. Compare the P2 Preds to the AvP Preds. They look differently, act differently, and even dress differently from each other. There are bound to be other differences, like philosophy, religion, and even how they approach the hunt. Put em' together, and hijinks will ensue.

Aliens using some strategy: If they're going to be like an ant hive, let's see them use some ant-style strategy. Let's see them using their bodies to form bridges, or setting traps, or tricking the marines into thinking there are more of them than there actually are. We know they can be crafty bastards individually, let's see it on a larger scale.

That's all for now.

LadyDeathStriker, Yautja, 13 years ago

^That too!

BloodHarpy, Yautja, 13 years ago

More mercenaries, more hybrids and more Predators. Nuff said.

GrimReaper, Yautja, 13 years ago

The likeable Predators not die at the end of the movie or get face hugged. It sucks when that happens I really liked Scar!

Survivor88, Yautja, 13 years ago

I completely agree with DeathDrop

Specifics of commercial spacetravel: I want to see computers that you have to hit to make them work. I want to see duct tape on the seats. I want to see an old washer and dryer right next to some futuristic device. I want to see a single, small square of floor where the artificial gravity stopped working.

This isn't Star Trek; this future dirty and boring and used.

Awww, your fine description reminds me of the aesthetic ugliness of the Nostromo. You're right, SciFi-Movies without a propper dirty-look aren't very scary. That's one of the major points i dislike about AvP1. The pyramid and the predators looked way too clean in my eyes.

Your note about broken artificial gravity is interesting, not only as a sign of used technology. I'd like to see a complete shutdown of the artificial gravity onboard of a infested ship or in a corridor: aliens chase humans who are desperately trying to escape while they must face the adversities of no gravity. The aliens would be slowed down too, but i suppose they could handle the situation much better. I'd like to see an alien approaching a helpless human in a area without gravity- slow but steady. Sounds scary to me.

^ It's interesting you should say that, as I actually half-considered setting the last RPG in a zero-gravity setting.

EDIT: The hell, people?

GrimReaper, Yautja, 13 years ago

^Good with the RPG though.

Anything to ad as far as ideas you'd like to see implemented in the AvPverse?

Kidd, Yautja, 13 years ago

Zero-Gravity!? No thank you! Why? I will tell you why;
That puts us humans at a disadvantage. Not only us humans, but the Yautja too.
You guys know, Aliens are those sneaky wall-climbers. Their mobility would be hindered, yes, but not has severe as the Humans and Yautja.
Yes, Humans have some expierence with Zero-Gravity.
However though, there is a question which may piss every little predator fan off; have you seen a Predator in Zero-Gravity? Better yet, in a protective space suit?

If the battle were to take place out in space, the yuatja would be in a world of hurt. Yes, they are clever and can learn relatively fast to use what humans use to navigate their way through their own space-station. Yet, on the other hand, do you know what Space can do to a Human Body? I don't care how tough those six feet to seven feet talk bulking brutes are, they are very similiar to humans.
Sure, go on and tell me all about that mask, go directly ahead! It does not stop their skin that is visible to the eye. Look at all the Predators; Jungle Predator, City Hunter, Scar, Celtic, Chopper, and the new guy, Wolf. They all have skin visible for us to see.
So, if that is a good idea, I hope you hunters are willing to suit up, because space... It's no walk in the park.

Now, Zero-Gravity in the interior, once again, Humans have expeirence, but we have not seen a Yautja in Zero-Gravity. To me, these hunters are very, very use to having firm ground at their feet. Yes, the end of AVP, they were out in space in the interior of the ship, but the Zero-Gravity was not in effect.
I believe these creatures would have a heart attack if they were hit with Zero-Gravity, they'll go belly-up, because of having the feeling of not having firm ground beneath your feet... Is scarey.

Overall, the only creature that would not be hurt severly by the effect of Zero-Gravity are the Xenomorphs. We have seen them. They are some tough creatures. They can survive in space, don't need air, exellent climbers, and mean killers. The Xenomorphs would definantly own any creature if they were to be in a Zero-Gravity situation.

EDIT: Corridor or two, are fine with having Zero-Gravity, but the entire setting. A No-Go.