What's your read on the Alien prequel?

Deathdrop, Yautja, 13 years ago

What do you make of the scant amount of information we have on it? What do you think of the concepts behind it? Where do you think it'll take the series?

Discuss that shit, yo.

DeathWraith, Yautja, 13 years ago

It's due 2 years from now, no? Of course we don't have that much information yet. But who knows how the world changes until 2012 and what marketing trends will catch on.

About where the franchise will go, i have NO idea, i can't imagine what Ridley Scott wants to do with these prequels and for what he said so far.

PREDATORv2, Yautja, 13 years ago

If they truly go forward with it, I wouldn't mind learning more about the alien's origin and everything that comes along with that.

I like what I'm hearing about the Space Jockeys, particularly all this "god-engineers of space" business. Everyone at AvPgalaxy was getting all pissy when Ridley Scott described the Jockey from the derelict as a "suit."

"omg why does it have to be a suit this is just taking everything he did in alien 1 and raping it a bajillion tiems in the ass, then lighting it on fire and snorting the ashes!!!111"

Apparently, none of them considered that the Jockeys' bodies could be "suits" in the sense that they can take them off. I like to think that when the Jockey from Alien 1 was chestbursted, he went "well, shit" and casually shifted to another body.

They should fuckin' WEIRD, is what I'm saying. It seems like Scott's going for that, so kudos to him.

See, this is why i don't like to speculate yet. All we have are his very basic plans for some of the ideas in the movies. There is such a small chance that anything we say now will even get close to being true. After we see some teaser or trailer, whatever small glimpse of the movie, then we can start properly, but so far we have only vague declarations.

ValkyrieWrath, Yautja, 13 years ago

Who cares about the space jockey?

I'm sure his family cares for him very much; is there any other spectacular insight you can provide us with?

Lucifer, Yautja, 13 years ago

I think there will be some aliens in the movie. maybe even a space ship.

Mebber, Yautja, 13 years ago

"I like to think that when the Jockey from Alien 1 was chestbursted, he went "well, shit" and casually shifted to another body."

Sounds like the Great Race of Yith.

"I think there will be some aliens in the movie. maybe even a space ship."

What a sharp witted assumption for a potential Alien movie. If there will be a true Alien movie at all. Seems like the Alien prequel isn't an Alien prequel anymore.

Personally, i'm not all too much depressed about it. He's still making two scifi-movies, and i think they might become great- he has proven many times that he is a very good moviemaker (maybe aside from Robin Hood). Maybe this seperation from the original series is a benefit after all. Without the pressure of creating a "true" Alien movie, Scott can let his imagination run wild.

^ I agree completely. I'd rather have a great original film than a decent Alien movie.

Also, the Yith comparison is apt. I'd like to see the Alien series taken more in the Lovecraftian direction.
If that means emphasizing the Jockeys, so be it.

delta-boy, Yautja, 13 years ago

Its been cancelled if you's havent heard. Scott is doing a new film set in the Alien universe called "Prometheus" starring Michael Fassbender.

More info to come.

Delta, it's in Mebber's link, it's not cancelled, it just has a name now.

From what I've been hearing, it seems like it's shifting from a prequel to a spin-off. Maybe it'll only feature the Jockeys? I could go for that.

concretehunter, Yautja, 13 years ago

I know were all dieing to find out about the space jockeys. But we have to wait. All in due time...

I don't want to know more about anything. I want to see a movie that makes me think "holy shit i can't believe how awesome this actually is, i live Ridley Scott for making this" at any given point when i watch it for the second time.