Alien Colonial Marines

Shadowwall, Xenomorph, 13 years ago

So this is one of the future games to be played & discussed on this forum obviously.

I personnaly think this game surpasses AVP 3 by far when it comes to the feeling & the soul of Aliens.
The spine chilling moments when you hide with your company hoping that the Aliens did not notice your presence.

I really think this game is going to be one of my ALL time favorites.
I'm gonna cry for the preds ofcourse but it is better to let them out off the game.

And i'm not doing any research so i'm asking this:
In ACM you are able to play as the poor marines but can you also play as the shadow lurking aliens ?

So this was a part of my opinion, now what is yours?

A few pictures with some mystic music from the movies that got me in the mood :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xd-jHhPIYWM

DeathWraith, Xenomorph, 13 years ago

I don't think there was ever any plan to make it a game where you can play as a xenomorph. That is unless they're going to make one hell of a story in it where you have to play at some point as the Alien who does a certain thing so that you can better understand the plot. In any case, games that are simply about Aliens are most likely about killing Aliens. Which is why i don't really enjoy them that much.

But yeah, to surpass AvP3 all it needs is a good gameplay.

ah np I probably would spoil the game anyway.
I'm hoping and cheering for this multi-survivor horror ^^

Mebber, Xenomorph, 13 years ago

I'm glad it is only about marines as playable characters. I'd like to play as a alien or pred too, but imo this way the chances are better ACM will become a better game compared to avp3. In avp3 the developers had to split their efforts into three different parts, resulting in an average game without major highlights. In ACM, they can concentrate on one species and one campaign, without the need of extendend species balancing for multiplayer, which requieres a lot of working time.

indd that's what i said but much better stated xD

Kidd, Xenomorph, 13 years ago

Speaking of Video Games, I have come across the new AVP game for both the PS3 and XBox360.
Is that game good or should I not waste my time? I have a total of five games for my PS3; Fallout3, Oblivion, MGS4, Modern Warfare 1 & 2.
So, what should I do?

shadowatching, Xenomorph, 13 years ago

So far its a good buy, but it really is up to the person kidd.

indd the new avp is pretty good but not that good.
It's just all sorts of gametypes where the 3 species or 2 or whatever fight against each other.

The graphics are good
If your an AVP fan this should be on your list though :)

DeathWraith, Xenomorph, 13 years ago

Play PC games in stead.

Survivor88, Xenomorph, 13 years ago

I think AVP3 could of been better if they made the campaign longer and had a better story in the campaign.

shadowatching, Xenomorph, 13 years ago

he has a ps3...so i am sure he will get a ps3 version of the game.....

Thanks, Shadowall and Survivor.
Really, I was really asking is if the game was worth buying. Also, I do only have a PS3 and now stuck with it. I only use my computer for old games, such as Diablo 2, Age of Empires 1 & 2, and so on and so forth. Nothing too high-tech on it. I am a very basic person until it comes to consoles.

Also to add to the list, I am a big Sony fan, so regardless how many games Microsoft comes out for its Superior XBox360, I'll stick to the good ol' Playstation.
When it comes to buying video games, I am very, very picky and it takes alot of convincing in order to make me make a purchase.
I look at the cover, the back wit' all the contents, graphics, genre, and do a little research to see if the storyline will be exellent. So yea, my glory gamer days are coming to a close.

Well if you are really picky look carefully at some websites and stuff reviews, gameplay et cetera

The chose is up to you.
Everybody has there own style so but we just said what we think of it in short.

I really do appreiciate the help, Shadowwall.

Peterson, Xenomorph, 13 years ago

anyone know when the game is supposed to be released? I thought it was back in 2009 but i suppose they moved the release date up.. oh well

yea this will be something for 2011 i hope.
Cause there is not even a sign of any info about a release but on the other hand I have not searched that well but i'm pretty sure this will be for next year this time or spring.

@Kidd yea I know xD

Sam-Jack-Dunn, Xenomorph, 13 years ago

I have AvP3, and I must say I bloody love it. Sadly, the Bug campaign is way too short to be at all satisfying, but other than that I have no major problems with it. It's pretty much the only game I play on X-box live these days.

As for ACM...when it comes out, I am buying it. No matter what. I want this game so bad it feels like I need to pee.

that's the spirit ^^

Peterson, Xenomorph, 13 years ago

epic lulz at sam, ya it should be pretty good!

Sam-Jack-Dunn, Xenomorph, 13 years ago

I especially like how you have to HOLD THE MOTION TRACKER. None of the other Colonial Marines-esque games have this, I never once in the movies saw the marines with a little tracker in their HUD. It's a big and bulky peice of drek that makes holding a Pulse Rifle a lot harder.