Your opinion about the new Predators movie?

Peterson, Human, 13 years ago

So i didnt like it that much but lets hear your input!

Shadowwall, Human, 13 years ago

I still need to see it ... fail xD

Unless you can give me a good quality download link ? :D

Anyway i'm out of here or it may spoil the movie when I watch it when I know too much things ^^

predatoress, Human, 13 years ago

I really think it was pretty much re-shooting the first Predator movie, from music to characters and happenings, even to semi-epic lines. Nothing too surprising. Waited for more but meh, I guess there's really nothing new you can bring to the genre.

DeathWraith, Human, 13 years ago

There were new creatures, new situations, new ideas, a lot of new things and very well executed, i don't know what you're talking about up there Predess.

Yup, but the plot and most of lines were pretty much pure copy of Pred 1, except for the final conclusion. The piggydoggies was just extra, and the fact the bad bloods liked to hang out as threesome. Woohoo! lol

At least they created the atmosphere of Pred 1. With same environment and output it wasn't surprising either though...

There was also a new weapon, there were predators fighting eachother, it was happening on a different planet, there was a crashed ship of unknown origin, there was a human dressed in predator tech, there was a one on one fight with blades between a human and a predator, there was an unknown prey creature - and that's only what i remember from the blurry movie i've seen. Considering that, it is impossible for the movie to be more than 30% like Predator.

It still doesn't change the fact the plot and lines were predictable from earlier movie, which made me to nod half asleep. That's only my opinion but I did wait for something great (because of previews and hype) whereas now I got average.

And "different" planet included plants from Earth so I guess it wasn't so different after all lol

Damn, should've been pessimistic over this movie so I might've got something good. Now I waited something good and I got just in awful mood.

Wraith - next time I watch smt remind me to think it's crap so I can positively get surprised. Shouldn't read any reviews before watching it. Or listened Xeno lol

MrXeno, Human, 13 years ago

In Reply To Predess

"Wraith - next time I watch smt remind me to think it's crap so I can positively get surprised. Shouldn't read any reviews before watching it. Or listened Xeno lol"

I'm sorry if nothing is ever good enough for you, dear. The movie wasn't perfect, but it wasn't the worst Predator movie out there. The director could have done something more, but perhaps he was frightened to go too far like the other directors did. Perhaps he just wanted to let the Predators hunt humans like in the first movie just to please the fans, than making such a fuzz to about making a unique plot where the Predators can suddenly do magic stuff (You know what I mean...) or lure people to a pyramid in the middle of no where. Or letting teenagers fall in love, which have been used too many times already in pointless horror movies.

They could'be begun with something a bit more imaginative than with a leader with attitude problem (who of course ends up being the good guy) etc. and end up with something else than happyhappykisskiss (not actual kissing but pretty much trying to make you aww). It wouldn't have been too far fetched but no...

I really hope this is the last movie of predators... Since the AvP's and this one have proved that there's nothing more to add in sensible manner.

MrXeno, Human, 13 years ago

I agree with that there shouldn't be another AvP, but I hope to see another Predator movie if Robert Rodriguez can manage to make another one, with more content of course. Predators wasn't that bad, but he could had done more. But I'm willing to give him another go after watching the movie.

That's my opinion at least.

Peterson, Human, 13 years ago

you know Xeno, it seems everytime i read your posts it tuns my frown upside down so to speak lol, agreed it could have been better but its not the best and not the worst so all in all i think it could have been done better but meh it happens right?

Sam-Jack-Dunn, Human, 13 years ago

Still ain't seen it. Should I bother?

Yes, you should.

Sam-Jack-Dunn, Human, 13 years ago

Very well. I will.