GOOD things about entries you hate?

Deathdrop, Yautja, 13 years ago

We all have movies in the A/P series we dislike, but are there any parts of these entires that have good ideas in them?

For example, I hate AvP, but some of the ideas are pretty cool, such as the temple beneath the ice, the Lovecraft references, etc...

I also like a few of the visuals, such as Scar leaping with the spear and impaling the Queen's head, or the first reveal of the pyramid.

Shadowwall, Yautja, 13 years ago

Ofcourse the nice action scenes ^^
The hole AVP is about versus between those 2 so they should make it as epic as possible

PREDATORv2, Yautja, 13 years ago

Liked the Wolf design in AVPR, and the throw back alien heads weren't too bad either. In AVP the design of the predator masks were fresh I liked those, as well as the way they gave the wristblades more features.

DeathWraith, Yautja, 13 years ago

I can't say i actually hate any of the movies, i dislike AvPR because the predalien is ridiculous and it has those black facehuggers that are completely useless as an idea. But i liked how most of the Alien action played out. At least the first time i watched it. And i don't hate AvP either, i just think it's a bad movie. Probably the only thing i like about it is the same scene Deathdrop's already mentioned.

BloodHarpy, Yautja, 13 years ago

I absolutely hated AVPR. The cast couldn’t act, the storyline was lame, the lines were stupid and yes the Predalien didn’t look all that great either! Now I liked AVP because the story line was interesting and entertaining, it wasn’t just all about action and guts flying everywhere, two the Predators looked great namely Scar, I already though Saana Lathan was a great actress and so far the only alien I liked in h movie was Grid.

GrimReaper, Yautja, 13 years ago

AVPR sucked worse than a Scifi Channel movie and some of those are beter than AVPR! Though I did like AVP because I thought Scar was one kickass Predator.

the_doctor, Yautja, 13 years ago

Well even though the majority of Alien res is a bore, I do think Christie was a kick ass character. one that should have lasted longer...

Deathdrop, Yautja, 13 years ago

^ I second that. Rez drives me crazy, because it had so much potential. For example, the Newborn is a good idea in theory, but the execution was terrible.

Peterson, Yautja, 13 years ago

i enjoyed all the movies pretty much equally besides aliens nothing really struck me as better quality then the others although i did think it was slightly retarded that the predalien could impregnate a host, kinda broke away from tradition there but oh well what can ya do?

hish, Yautja, 13 years ago

Personaly i don't like the idea of there being 1-3 predetors and thousands of xenomorphs, its an unfair fight.

FireHunter, Yautja, 13 years ago

Hish, that's the whole point, the predators are meant to win a battle against thousands of xenomorphs to prove that they're worthy.
So please, think things through or watch the movie more closely before saying stuff like that.

Sam-Jack-Dunn, Yautja, 13 years ago

I think the three preds vs. hundreds of bugs showed a really important point: The Xenomorphs are a disease, a biological weapon with the potential of wiping out all life in the galaxy. If you let an infestation grow without crushing it early enough, you'll be overwhelmed.

No matter how good you are. You think Xena coulda done any better? (LOL).

As for the first movie: I actually, on reflection, didn't mind it. Sure, I was really sad that the CMC didn't show up, but the storyline was, for a vs. movie, surprisingly solid and interesting, the characters the same - sure, they were no Ellen Ripley or Dwayne Hicks, but it wasn't too difficult to give a shit about them.

And the action scenes? GLORIOUS! I do like the way they went back to guys in suits for most of them - it added realism to it that CGI never could. Props to them for actually taking the time to make costumes and hire stunt guys to do it.

As for AVPR...I saw it once, at the cinemas. I remember...two things from it. Wolf had 2 plasma casters, and the humans ended up getting to use one of them. Oh, and the pregnant fetish predalien.

Other than that, instantly forgettable. The characters...sorry, what characters? They were just there to die. The stor-oh, wait. I can't remember any. Without those two elements, the action scenes cannot do shit to make a story good.

Survivor88, Yautja, 13 years ago

I agree with DW but the things I didn't like was that they made the alien the bad guy and made the predator the good guy this is suppost to be about alien vs predator not predator save the earth. The movies were also kinda one sided they would make so you love the predator and hate the alien. But the idea's I did like was the badass alien and the badass predator but I think the movie would of been better if they both had a awsome fight at the end and both lost instead of the theatrical ending.

Sam-Jack-Dunn, Yautja, 13 years ago

Aliens as bad guys? WELL GOOD!
Preds as good guys? WELL WTF IS THIS CRAP?

I completely agree.