IF there were to be another RPG...

Deathdrop, Yautja, 13 years ago

... How would you guys like to see it done?

I went through the thread in the mod room where we first made up the last RPG, as well as the RPG itself, and one of the major problems seemed to be that we tried to do everything ourselves without much input from anyone else.

So were there to be another RPG, how would you like it to go? Setting, rules, storyline, etc.

Right off the bat: Hybrids will be allowed, and the 60+ point rule is gone.

DeathWraith, Yautja, 13 years ago

Well we have very few Aliens right now, so we would need to justify the lack of them in the RPG. I'm thinking it would have to be somewhere that doesn't have a hive, maybe not even a Queen anywhere nearby. Most credibly the Aliens would be escaping from some testing tubes or something. Also, in the last RPGs since the new clans appeared, i think there was too much collaborating between clans of the same species, so the story should be set that we are all enemies. It was like "Preds, you want to do that, Humans, you want to do that, Aliens, you want to do that." I liked it more when it was like "This clan wants this, this clan that, this clan has to do that etc." I know i'm talking here about really dead clans, but i'm thinking it would give people a better sense of what a clan should mean.

I don't know if i remember this right, but you need a leader or subleader to confirm that the clan is joining for it to join, right? So you should probably see which clan is able to join and write a story for those clans to play out and everyone else can join solo, or so, right? Ah, fuck it, this is ridiculous, we have too few people left.

Shadowwall, Yautja, 13 years ago

indd and srry but i'm not very into the long text writings ^^
I know you guys want to keep the forum alive and busy but i'm not so motivated for something like that but I will do what i'm told

Kidd, Yautja, 13 years ago

Give me a good story and I'll duke it out to the best of my ability. Just please, do not limit the number due to requirements. I find that unfair for those who are at the rank points of 25 to 45. That is potential not being tested in my own oppinion.
Plus, it has been awhile since I had a good Sci-Fi RPG. Other sites that I have scouted are just too darn boring and exaggerate on certain things...

Just get a good story going and if I have the time, I'll jump in to give it a shot of a wonderful whirlwind.

PREDATORv2, Yautja, 13 years ago

It seemed a lot easier to rpg when we didn't have the rank points, I really pefered it. I really like to delete all the bullshit rules we have now because of the rank points.

It wasn't till recently that P added them, and we had a ton of fun in rpgs before hand, never had a problem. Maybe we should start making rank point irrelevant in rpgs?

Deathdrop, Yautja, 13 years ago

^ I'd prefer that, and I think most other people would, too.

One-Winged_Angel, Yautja, 13 years ago

well since the RPG's died down before i could particpate i can't really say.

but the rules need to be clearly defined

Truely in agreeance with getting rid of the Rank Points. The Ranks themselves however are good. (ie. Newborn, Veteran, Elite) It shows the amount of time, or, how mature they are. More or Less.

The Rank Points has nothing to do with the darn RPGs in the first place, except to show others which that certain character excel at. Also, I find myself more in hand-to-hand engagments than with a fire fight with a yautja however, so there for the Dexterity of my character does not come to par, except his hits 9/10 hit the opponent. Once again, the opponent never takes this to consideration so what the hell. Rid the darn Points. Rank is alright, but the points got to go.

Sam-Jack-Dunn, Yautja, 13 years ago

I completely agree. Rank? Completely fine, it is a good indicator of who's put in the time for the site, and it helps keep clans running smoothly, but it just wrecks RPG's.

I'm all for ditching the points in RPG's, and making it just good ol' role-playing skill.

As for any upcoming RP, I'm down with DW's idea - gotta explain the lack of bugs. Test tubes theory is good.

Have we ever done an RPG inside a research facility? Or we could just decide WTH and go with the good old AvP 1 Pyramid-style.

Peterson, Yautja, 13 years ago

Well seeing as to how i havent had a fun RPG in a long ass while i beleive its time to to step up to the assembly line and grab my armor and pulse rifle once again. hoorah?

I don't know, i like having the stats, it feels more classy. But i agree with removing any rule that says you should take them into consideration, because in the end it all comes down to what the members who are fighting agree on.

I KNOW:

Keep the stats, but remove any rule that says they impact on RPG. Instead, keep 'em as...guidelines.

So people can see at a glance what your character is good at in comparison to his weaknesses.

PREDATORv2, Yautja, 13 years ago

I've updated the rules, DD or any other mods see any issues with the updates please go ahead and fix them.

I LIKE!

Oh, btw, are the new mods gonna be added to the list in the rulez section? Thought I'd remind in case you blokes forgot.

Oh, and btw:

I know I was an absolute dick over the past year or so. I pretty much bogged down the site in drama and bullshit that it simply didn't need. I was immature and ignorant, and generally a shit. Took me a long time to realize it, but whadda ya know, the site's not all about me (OMG!)

I just wanted to say sorry guys for being such a dick. Especially sorry to the mods - I can't have made your job easy. I'm not sayin 'sorry makes it better' or 'forgive me', but that I just realize I've been...well, a complete wanker, and that I'm gonna endeavour to be a more mature and productive member of the site from now on.

Bumpan, since an apology unread is an apology unsaid.

Peterson, Yautja, 13 years ago

well when can we expect to have an rpg then mods?

"I know I was an absolute dick over the past year or so. I pretty much bogged down the site in drama and bullshit that it simply didn't need. I was immature and ignorant, and generally a shit. Took me a long time to realize it, but whadda ya know, the site's not all about me (OMG!)"

What the hell are you talking about, you weren't even here much over the past year, that was me doing all that shit.

Or maybe you were not paying that much attention to him like Shadow and I have been, Deathwraith. He was a little hot-head back then. All he needed was some time.
I, myself, was a clumsy goof when I first appeared. Hell, I even got a warning within the first month. If memory serves, it was by OTANG or another, but I know it was a Yautja MOD. Everyone needs some time to Grow Up, because that's what time nurtures, Maturity.

As for what I like to see in the RPG... Well...
Yautja numbers are high and the human and alien clans are at a low... I have to agree with the Facility Scenario.

Several clans of Yautja picked up on the facility's growing populations of xenomorphs and thought it would be a good place to hunt. On top of that, the "hardmeat" is accompany by multiple "softmeats."
Dwindling numbers of both the Human and Xenomorph members, means we have to enlist the aid of NPCs.

If you do wish it, add an underground bunker to the facility in which the human personel can run and find a supposed "safe-haven" from the Predator invasion and Xenomorph revolt. The bunker would be a fitting place for eerie confrontations and a homeground for the aliens. The facility itself would be Human turf.
Yautja, they can pretty much adapt to any situations like humans, but the underground bunker could be something that the hunters are use to, thanks to decades worth of hunting in caverns.

If you wish, make it into a Military Complex, but the main conflict is all settled in the Biological Sector where the Xenos are being held. The Bunker could tie the entire Complex together so the Predator can get a drop on the fleeing humans who are running from their once captive Xenomorph expierments.

Now, it is not going to be easy, hoo-ah? It is a Military compound, so therefore it will have some defences online to alert the humans of Predator presence.

I don't remember you or shadow being here too much for the past year either. Or wait, by "past year" do you mean "last year", "last 365 days and 6 hours" or "since this year started". Because we may be talking about different periods of time...

shadowatching, Yautja, 13 years ago

DW. Leave me out of it, I have been coming back from time to time. Just not logged in. So please. Don't talk about me. Much appreciated.

Shadow. The subject at hand is Malus. No one was talking about you. Get the hell out of here. Much appreciated. Also, i request a ban for everyone in this thread.

So, back to Peterson's question, when would a new RPG be possible? I would need to be on vacation to post i guess, since i'll be learning two languages from zero, each written with different ideograms.