MrXeno, Yautja, 13 years ago

I liked some of these:

Moon
District 9
Taken
Children of Men
Eastern Promises

DeathWraith, Yautja, 13 years ago

Oooh, The Wrestler, i'd forgotten that one, very very good movie. The Dark Knight and District 9 are what i consider excellent. They're not my favourite movies, but i believe them to be the best i've ever seen. My favourite movie, after the Alien franchise which should count as one movie because i don't wanna fill up the first 4 spots, is Equilibrium.

Deathdrop, Yautja, 13 years ago

Gah, can't believe I forgot Children of Men.

The scene where everyone stops firing their weapons at each is so epic, but well made.

Kingdom Of Heaven was also an interesting movie.

predatoress, Yautja, 13 years ago

District 9 is the only descent movie been listed there. I haven't watched some of them (eg. Splice I want to see out of curiosity of genetics) but meh, so far I've pretty much just wasted my time in front of TV (or computer when it comes to new movies).

But I'm an oldie, maybe I should move in deep forest without electricity and get a rocking chair to be happy when knitting socks for the kids and xeno lol ...Wait I actually live in deep forest when I'm not studying.

Oh and good morning! (Even it's 2 pm...)

I believe you just implied that The Dark Knight is not an amazing movie, in this case I would like to present you with two options (don't worry, they're not tits/gtfo):

1. Butthurt
2. U mad

In case you choose the latter, I would like you to provide a detailed answer to the following question:

1. lol y u mad tho?

Thank you for using our guide to becoming the cancer that will kill the Internet, please come again!

If you didn't see them all, you can't very well say they sucked, can you?

And of you thought District 9 was the only one out of ALL those movies listed that didn't suck... Well, Deathwraith said it best.

Kidd, Yautja, 13 years ago

Didn't find the Dark Knight too intresting. Expected too much from it I guess. Yea, like the new stuff, but can't give it any praise, regardless of the humor.
Yea, of course one of my mom's favorite actors died in the movie, Heath Ledger, but why should his death win my attention? No different from the movie, The Crow, where the actor Brandon Lee died.

Call me Weird, Cold, or a Dumbass, I don't care. All I have to say is that everyone has their own taste in movies. It's like oppinions; You have the majority who loves this movie, White Sheep, and the few who doesn't, Black Sheep. Does not give any party the right to bash one another.
You hear what other people have to say and leave it at that. It's just that simple.

Everyone is entitled to their own oppinion.
If you don't like it, tough, just nod your head and move on. Remember, not everyone in this world is like you, or shares the same intrests. Everyone is different, respect that.

Those movies are not awesome because people died. And Heath Ledger died after the movie was already done, Brandon Lee died during filming. The Crow is awesome because it's just so damn badass and touching at the same time, there are some corny lines in it, but that just kinda makes it more... lovable. The Dark Knight wouldn't be all that, it would be just another Batman movie, but god damnit, Heath Ledger played his character so well, i didn;t realize the Joker wasn't the main character until after he died and the movie was still running. But yeah, i will see you hanged for your opinion.

We're not just talking about TDK. There were something like 15 different movies from all different genres mentioned there, and she didn't like ANY of them? Her argument was that all modern movies are CGI-fests with by-the-numbers plots.

A bunch of the films listed there used little to no CGI. Some of them had very unconventional plots. She admits she hasn't seen several of them, and has yet to counter my point that every decade has poorly-made movies.

Look, I've never met her and never will, so I could be completely wrong on this, but it seems like she's saying they sucked just to avoid acknowledging that she may have spoke too soon.

... Or maybe she saw most of the movies listed and honestly did hate them all. But can you see why that's a little hard to believe?

Or, as ever, I may have misunderstood something and made an ass of myself. God knows it's happened before.

Kidd, Yautja, 13 years ago

I already knew about Brandon Lee Died during filming and Heath Ledger died after finishing his movie, also, I'll be more than happy to hang for what I believe in.

I was not taking sides, that is for sure, but yea, I do understand your point DD. We were talking about alot of movies, truely. Of what, after or before the year 2000?
It has been so long, I hardly recall some good movies in the 90s. I was too young and too busy watching cartoons. Now, after 2000, I do have a list of movies which I really like, but we are talking about the general public's favorites.

Black Hawk Down and Pearl Harbor were good movies, with Pearl Harbor having been effected by CGI; the dogfights.
Oh please, what ever you do, DO NOT ever mention Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, and the later Star Wars movies (Episodes 1, 2, and 3). Those are some overrated movies. Yea, they are good, I give them that. Hell, I hate Harry Potter but I have to admit that it was good.

The Day After Tomorrow, Van Helsing, and the re-make of Poseidon. My mind is not working but that is all I have on the brain thus far.

The only good movies that I do remember that was made in the 90s are Jurassic Park, Titanic, and Armageddon. I apologies for not coming up with some good movies...

shadowatching, Yautja, 13 years ago

The only good movie that they have out....and was way before the time of CGI was TRON!!! my god people, tron was epic

did you know that the guy in "Dark knight" who played batman Christian baliel or some bs...was an abuser, hitting women and shit...so yea, i know movies.

That doesn't really prove that you know movies, it proves that you don't know Christian Bale's name. He was in American Psycho, he nailed that role, he probably has to be a real psycho to play that good. The only thing i hold against him is that he took the role of John Connor.

Peal Harbor could had been better and gotten better reviews if Michael Bay had dropped the romantic stuff in it. But I enjoyed all the fighting scenes.

Now to movies from the 90's...

Cube was a really good movie, and came out in 1997.

Fight Club was an epic movie, a movie I enjoyed watching. It came out in 1999...

Lost In Space came out in 1998, a movie I relly enjoyed when seeing it for the first time as a kid. But after watching it again 10 years after I first saw it, I started to wonder how the hell I could like a movie like that with a confusing plot.

Die Hard with a Vengeance (Die Hard 3) is still a memorable movie. It came out in 1995.

Pusher, a Danish gangster movie which somewhat known in Europe. But an awesome movie which is filmed like a documentary. It was released in 1996.

Forrest Gump Do I need to say more? It was released in 1994.

Saving Private Ryan Still a good movie. It was released in 1998.

The Silence of the Lambs 1991

Schindler's List Very good movie. Released in 1993

Heat Another hot movie, and released in 1995.

Dances with Wolves Like a rave party in 1990

Braveheart FREEEEEEEEEDOOOOOOOOM... In 1995

Enemy of the State Since 1998

There are many other movies out there that could be listed as well. But these are at least some movies I enjoyed during the 90's

predatoress, Yautja, 13 years ago

Meh I said I haven't seen all those movies listed, just my opinion of movies I've seen. I haven't even seen Dark knight, of what you people are now yapping - just because I hate Batman movies in general it seems rather pointless to me to watch such films. I've probably just seen the most awful movies of history like Twilight, Paranormal activity, Star wars 1-3 etc. on which basis I have mental image of the crap 21th century have brought in film industry. I didn't even try to make a statement that I have throughout understanding and experience of ALL movies made on this decade.

Sometimes I do wonder people's skills to read written text... Or maybe I'm horrible in English or smt lol

U fhink where hollible in ingglish now? Huw gai! lol Wtf

So you're saying we should go play with martian gorillas? I whole-heartedly endorse this course of action.

shadowatching, Yautja, 13 years ago

does it matter if i spell a name or not?

I say not really, goes to show that i actually go out and have a life.

Like right now, i am making plans with friends to go to mexico city to see Ramstein..

FUCK YES.

^ Yes. Let's do it. Let's all get pitchforks and torches and smash down the doors of every reality show star/producer/whateverthefuck and sacrifice them to some Ancient Babylonian God or something.

Ok, I'm exaggerating slightly, but I really hate the way this culture has been going the last few years, and MY GOD did this article encapsulate all of that and more. Matt Taibbi is the fucking man. Seriously.

*ahem*

Sorry about that, everyone. Please feel free to resume your inane bitching.

Mebber, Yautja, 13 years ago

Strange, i always thought unions are highly respected in the US. The shield of the bottom-of-the-line man, the heart of a free country and such stuff.

I'm not really into american labour politics, but this stuff about sacrificing people to old babylonian gods sounds very good, count me in if you plan to start some kind of violent revolution.