Pre-Release Opinions on Predators

PREDATORv2, Yautja, 13 years ago

I've seen a couple of previews for the movie show up on TV now. Everytime I see the human characters running through the jungle thats oh so familiar to the first predator movie. I get the sense that Predators is going to end up like AVPR. What do guys and gals think?

I'm keeping my expectations for this movie, low. Either way I'm still going to dish out the cash to go see the movie in theaters, hopefully it'll be worth it.

the_doctor, Yautja, 13 years ago

Honestly I had my doubts to begin with but I think it will be pleasing. Brody was my main concern but damn that little guy bulked up. Currently excited and doubt that it will be as bad as AvP:R

Deathdrop, Yautja, 13 years ago

It's looking good so far. The BSP's face is a little goofy, but it'll look better on-screen. I remain optimistic, but we'll see.

PREDATORv2, Yautja, 13 years ago

I can't help but be a little optimistic I mean, its another freaking pred movie! Haven't seen one of those true pred movies since...Hmmh 1990.

WarBlade, Yautja, 13 years ago

I think this movie my return the alien/predator fanchise to it's former glory

killswitch, Yautja, 13 years ago

Im confident based entirely on the trailer.

I have to say though, the concept of another predator movie is pointless and irritating in itself. Il try and keep an open mind as I watch it and be fair and relative when I review it. The fact that theres no need for another Predator film isn't any reason for this to be a bad film I guess.

I see from the trailers, Robert Rodriguez has had a big hand in casting.

DeathWraith, Yautja, 13 years ago

"I think this movie my return the alien/predator fanchise to it's former glory"

"alien/predator"

How the fuck will a Predator movie return the alien franchise to its former glory...

Anyway, i try to stay neutral when it comes to opinions before i've seen the movie, since it's not gonna influence how good the movie actually is. I still like the idea of the original creature but i still don't like that airplane mask. I hope the humans are the main characters in this one.

Shadowwall, Yautja, 13 years ago

Let's just watch it :)
There will be enough talking about it later on.

Yes, that is exactly the subject of this thread, Shadowwall, to stop talking about it until it's released. That's why v2 made it, not so people could state their pre-release opinions on the movie, but because he wanted someone to come and say "let's not talk about this".

killswitch, Yautja, 13 years ago

It is very difficult to express though so I respect the sentiments of shadow-wall.

An "opinion" is normally what you leave with as you exit your cinema having just seen the picture. Pre-release opinions are normally built on muddy foundations of irrelevant information like trailers, budget, cast/crew.

Granted, if the story sounds rubbish and you hate the cast/crew, you may arrive at some early personal conclusions, other than that, all guessing.

Its a good thread though, I was intrigued by the optimism levels of the forum as I had no idea what people were thinking.

TribalWerewolf9, Yautja, 13 years ago

either way, i really want to see this movie and i think it's going to be awesome. I was kinda surprised that Danny Trejo is in it, usually when i see him its in comedy movie. Even if the movie sucks i'll stille bu it on dvd, i mean, it's predator!!! It should be worth the money at least.

Now that i've seen again what Robert Rodriguez said about the movie, i remembered i'm still a bit concerned about his idea of a bigger stronger breed of Yautja... That could really turn out just stupid and ruin the movie. Like with Pandorum... the general idea was good but the creatures themselves were just retarded. I like what he said about wanting each character to seem like a main character, that's pretty much what made the Alien movies so interesting. But there's still a perfect balance between pros and cons in my mind so i'm neither gonna get excited nor expect disappointment...