THE HIVE

LEE, Undefined, 14 years ago

THE HIVE IS THE ALIENS HIDEOUT

Shadowwall, Undefined, 14 years ago

Indeed It was created by a queen with some possible drones but not necessary and the queen will lay some eggs in there and the drones will collect some host for the facehuggers. If there aren't any drones the queen should bring some hosts or the facehuggers have to do it the hard way. :D

DeathWraith, Undefined, 14 years ago

I disagree with absolutely everything you said there, including the :D

I say the hive is itself an organsim and serves either as the male or simply to aid the Queen and Drones. Because that appendege that lays the eggs is obviously not part of the queen, but it can obviously move. And all the black tubes and vertebra-like stuff that grow on the walls when a hive establishes are obviously not made by the few dormant drones or facehuggers.

Also, the Queen should NEVER move to get hosts, that is no her purpose, her purpose is to lay eggs and that is what she has to do unless the lair is threatened.

Mebber, Undefined, 14 years ago

The queen wouldn't be a good harvester anyway.

Just imagine a queen crawling through some airducts to catch some hosts... and then she gets stuck, and her drones have to call the emergency service to cut her free.

try playing out AVP3 alien campagne.
It is a fact that she was not a queen when she took some hosts to her lair. But the queen has to look after herself. She is the boss so a boss should act like one :D number 6 knows that.

and that organism of yours I have to disagree on the point that the queen has nothing to do with it.

the queen must have started this hive slime thingies. Perhaps it grows on it's own or the other drones expand it but the queen must have started this event.

cleticyautja, Undefined, 14 years ago

the hive of a xenomorph and a hive of a bee is quite similar.The queens function is to lay eggs,the drones must find hosts for the facehugger.

The queen is well protected,the incident in which a single marine can take down a hive is a daunting task in a movie those facehuggers would have impregnated him.

so i agree with deathwraith.

Dude. Dude. Shadowwall. Dude. AvP3 is a game. Games are not canon. The next time you argue against my movie based arguments with game based arguements, i'm gonna smack you. And stop it with the :D when you're talking to me. Use ;> or something.

The queen can lay undeveloped eggs on her own, i'm thinking the hive somehow grows from the eggs. I have a vague idea about how this could work, namely Xenomorphs, drones and Queen could have the basic living organism that the hive grows from inside one of their organs so that they can eliminate it when a certain process is started, like the laying/morphing of eggs.

You are way too much focused on the queen, shadowwall. The queen is nothing special, she's just a component of the hive which performs its task. And she's not even the biggest xeno since there is an empress in a larger hive (4000+ specimen), overseeing some "lesser" queens. Who knows what the empress' next stage of evolution might be. Maybe "the Hive" is just expanding and growing until the whole planet is infected- and not only the surface, the inner shifts also, marbled by the hive structures DW mentioned.

Do you remember the resting alcoves which are containing drones? That really looks like the drones are more some kind of a separable components by a larger organism. Since the whole hive structure looks like a living organism (with an own body temperature, Frost/Hudson in the hive: "Hot as hell in here." - "Yeah man, but it's a dry heat!"), the drones could be compared with human antibodies, protecting the organism...

Personally, i think of the hive as an collective, abstract mind, generated and contained within a microscopic organism, which can also breed and grow to create different manifestations serving different purposes to aid, feed and extend the hive itself.

I didn't disagree totally with you just the a few little things I stated.

And I also disagree that AVP games do not have any meaning about AVP.
So if a new species came out in the games instead of the movies you would not acknowledge it's existence.
(if I used the right words )

And I use the :D cause i'm happy.
srry if I upset you by being happy jeez.
Or do you have a problem with emoticons ?

plz reply on these last at OFF-Topic :D

"So if a new species came out in the games instead of the movies you would not acknowledge it's existence."

That is exactly right. The Praetorian is only part of the games. Therefore the Praetorian doesn't exist. Drones morphing into queens are only part of the games. Therefore drones do not morph into queens. Canon works like so: The original movies are the "reality" of the Alien univese. Just because something happens in a game about that universe, doesn't mean that it would happen in that universe's "reality". Just like just because something can happen in those movies, it doesn't mean it can happen in our world as well. Games or comics are the equivalent of fan fiction when the original idea was presented in a movie. Of course, everything has its own canon, but i'm talking about movie canon, not games canon. So arguing against stuff that happen in one world with stuff that happen in a completely different world is dumb.

The AVP movies are bullshit. And only because they're on a medium that own the "right" of canon, i'll don't like them more. What is more reasonable or interesting, good written theories about the xeno's biology and their behaviour or a alien with dreadlocks infecting pregnant women via a xenokiss, drones evolving within a few hours to full-developed warriors or awkward stories about superculture-pyramids?

Yeah that's my opinion about the avp movies, maybe some guys like them, ok, no problem. I'm not saying i KNOW how things work in the avp world, since no one does, but i like to discuss about it.

I dont understand the main point about this canon thing. Everyone is so cared about canon. Why? We're talking about fictional stuff anyway, and there is no bad thing to discuss fictional ideas made by us or some other guys, just because they haven't done a movie.

Respect for the great writers and directors who created this franchise, yeah, but that doesen't means i'll ignore everything else: I rather like to choose what's canon (of course only for me).

For me, it's only entertainment, so i have no problem to mix things, regardless any un-written or written laws of canon. Yeah for example i think of Batman vs. Predator as completely silly, but i have no problem others might like it. It's their business.

Yeah, well, if a doctor suddenly chose that it's medicine canon that humans have 4 hearts and so it's perfectly safe to extract at least one of yours, i think you'd start taking the idea of canon more seriously. We discuss canon exactly because if anyone could choose what's canon and what isn't then we'd have absolutely nothing to discuss. Like this idea that the hive itself is an organism. It's speculation, if a game made the hive eat someone, it wouldn't be canon, if the upcoming Alien prequel speciffically explains that the hive itself is not an organism, there will be no more to speculate, because that is canon. You don't get hit by a rock and get to choose if it's true or not that you got hit y a rock.

the guy's behind all of this probably don't know if the hive is a living organism, or is it ?

But there hasn't been an answer to the start of the hive.

the hive must start somewhere so I think the queen might did something or the drones helped her cause I doub the queen will waste her time spraying all the walls with this slimy stuff.

Or with the living organism theory see would have extracted some slimy thing on the ground and it started to expand.

Who knows what the future will bring to the AVP galaxy

or this slimy thing is stationed somewhere and her tentacles are the ones expanding.that explains the weird slimy robes on the ground and walls wich are originaly the tentacles of the main hive slime.

About the canon stuff it's weird there hasn't been a preatorian yet cause I think it's a good xeno to put in a movie so there can be an epic battle against the preds or something.

"But there hasn't been an answer to the start of the hive."

You haven't been reading my comments, huh...

cleticyautja, Undefined, 14 years ago

unless they make a movie which shows everything of the xenos then we can only imagine how a hive is started etc,etc.

donut, Undefined, 14 years ago

^ Alien deleted scenes. Gogogo.

Yea DW but can you prove your'e theory is right ?
I though it was just your'e opinion and like celtic said we need more information

Shadowwall, i am going to strangle you to death and then set you on fire, then beat the shit out of you, then bake you, then eat you, then poop you, then rub you all over my body and run naked on the street like that. I JUST MADE A POST ABOUT HOW THIS IS ALL SPECULATION, IS YOUR BRAIN IN THERE? IF SO, DOES IT WORK?

Also, welcome back, donut.

Okay, let's finish off this canon-discussion. Of course everything said in here is just speculation. Well, despite the facts given by the movies (i'll still ignore the avp movies).

Oh and that was a real funny comparement, that one with the heart. Because it's "reality" that we've got only one heart, and everything concerning avp is just fictional, so i think it's somehoe strange to handle both things with the same sobriety.

Oh and i've put reality in quotes because i bet reality is just bullshit and in fact we all are living on a yummy donut somewhere in the outer qudra-galaxy.

Alright, well, as yummy as donut may be, i'm sure you understood what i meant. I take reality a lot less seriously than Alien canon. Reality is overrated.

Indd the galaxy is BIG.

What If we discover some species in the galaxy that are similar to the AVP series.

OH SHIT :D

but this is going off topic isen't it.