Your Thoughts/Opinions on Predators (pre-release)

ChrisP, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

What are your thoughts, likes/dislikes, concerns and hopes for Predators?

TDN, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

The movie looks like it's going along fine. I don't think anyone expects much of this movie seeing as how the last 2 movie with Predators in it weren't exactly quality cinema. So meeting expectations isn't hard to do.

Plus, it looks as though the movie trying to go a different route than the old Predator formula that they've been using for a while now (Predator comes to Earth, starts hunting, gets beaten then self destructs etc). I quite like the idea of humans captured and used as live targets, it makes the Predator race a whole lot more creepier. And this is a very welcome change. Here's hoping the movie's a success both critically (although this will be hard) and financially.

DeathWraith, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

I like that it has a new original creature, so even if the movie turns out bad, as a gamer i'm excited about the possibilities that this new creature brings.

It's too early for me to expect anything good from it, but not at all too early to expect something bad. The idea of a bigger, "better" predator keeps being fed to us and all the younger people around here are very excited about it. This can only be a bad sign.

Basically, in my mind there is a 60% chance it will be bad and a 40% chance it will be good.

Wait, they're claiming to have bigger and better Predators than the previous movies? I've never heard about that, but if it's true then you're right, it's not a good sign. Usually "bigger and better" means either making the new ones so over the top that it defies our suspension of disbelief, or downplays the older ones in an effort to make the new ones look better (like what they did with the Predalien in AVPR).

mr_loco, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

I think it looks like it's gonna be a good movie, I also found out that Dark Horse Comics and Robert Rodriguez are doing the official comic book prequel as well as the comic adaption of the movie... The prequel is coming out in June as a 4 issue series and will be coming out every week of June and of what I've heard, the comic prequel will follow Adrian Brody's Navy Seal character and his team.... Looks pretty cool and will definitely be a nice treat while waiting for the movie IMO....

Shadowwall, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

movie's with aliens or preds are always good.
cause i am a fan of avp it doesn't matter what the movie looks like. If it has preds or aliens in it it was worth the effort to make the movie :D

now don't show me some 2 min you tube video about a Alien and a pred dancing or wathever :D

Deathdrop, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

It looks better than the AvP's so far, but we'll see. The superpred sounds stupid.

cleticyautja, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

ther is also an original pred in it so if u dont like the new ones hope that the old preds will do something good in the movie.

I really think this will be a good film for instance thers only iron man 2 to compete with(which is a piece of crap)

There's not only Iron Man 2 to compete with, what the fuck kind of logic is that? There's every other movie ever made to compete with.

cleticyautja: Iron Man's 2 is a piece of crap? Are you able to predict the future and tell that it's bad? I mean, the movie's not even out yet. And the first Iron Man is certainly better than any of the AVP movies that have came out.

And if we're talking financially, as much as I hate to say it Predators doesn't stand a chance competing in the box office against Iron Man 2.

BloodHarpy, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

I think the Predators movie will be great. Plus it's a chance for people who are so sick of the whole Twilight Saga films, which I hate to say it but one it comming out in June. Iron Man was a great movie and Iron Man 2 will be great also so the Predators movie will have some tough competition going against Iron Man 2. Also this is ROBERT RODRIGUEZ! He directed Sin City which was a good movie! So there is a 79 percent chance Predators will do good in the box office and 21 percent chance that it won't. Although and I don;t think I'm alone her more people will want to see Predators instead of vampires because the whole vampires are cool is getting old. Just look up Nick Cannon Present's Hatin on 09 they said it that year to the vampires were out of style!

I thought AVP was a good movie but I'm still pissed off about AVPR and I still want my $22.89 back!

I guess it's a good thing Trasnformers:Alliance isn't comming out this year huh?

FYI Iron Man 2 is coming out in May over here and Predators is coming in July, so they really won't have to compete with each other... I don't know what other big name movie will be coming out around the same time, but I do know Avatar's directors cut will be released soon in theaters and that might be around the same time as Predators, and if that happens, we already know who's gonna bring most of the money in... But we'll see what happens... I have good hopes for Predators, can't wait for the prequel comics from Dark Horse or the movie to come out!

FYI Iron Man 2 is coming out in May over here and Predators is coming in July, so they really won't have to compete with each other... I don't know what other big name movie will be coming out around the same time, but I do know Avatar's directors cut will be released soon in theaters and that might be around the same time as Predators, and if that happens, we already know who's gonna bring most of the money in... But we'll see what happens... I have good hopes for Predators, can't wait for the prequel comics from Dark Horse or the movie to come out!

jesse46, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

avp 1 is on sat. at 6:30 to 6 p.m.

AWESOME, in what country, i'm gonna go see it!