Breather

Stalker, Yautja, 18 years ago

In predator 2 after his mask was removed he had a breather. In pred 1 & AVP they breathed oxygen fine so why did he need a breather in pred 2?

OTANG, Yautja, 18 years ago

i agree with predatorress, they can breath our atmosphere but the required gases are a little different check out this site:

http://www.geocities.com/gunsandgod/main.html

i think somewhere in that site it says those breathing apparatuses give them an extra boost, along with the injections they take when badly woundend, it helps then survive.

predatoress, Yautja, 18 years ago

Or maybe he had an asthma? No, now I have to stop joking... What they put in the air of the library?

I now it`s a mans world but this female don`t give a damn about it.
<-------=========------->*
Kill for honor. Die for duty.
Live for the thrill of the hunt.

The_Reverand, Yautja, 18 years ago

They could have been some sort of steroid like enhancer maybe?
or perhaps he needed the breather because he was in an urban environment with a hell of a lot more pollution, like in L.A. there is more pollutants in the air than in the south american Jungle or antartica.

(or I still like the fashion accessory Idea, maybe he got it from one of his worhtier prey?)

To Die in Battle Is too Die with Honour
To Die without a Cause is too die for Nothing
- Semper Fi

Like you know, the air is a mixture of all sorts of gas. Maybe predators can breath some gas (like nitrogen) from air, but when they are badly damaged they need it almost purely.

I now it`s a mans world but this female don`t give a damn about it.
<-------=========------->*
Kill for honor. Die for duty.
Live for the thrill of the hunt.

Topdogg, Yautja, 18 years ago

^^ think thats the one i mean with city are its full of but in the jungle and out in the antartic the air is more pure

topdogg2.jpg

Unknown, Yautja, 18 years ago

well preds where the mask for breathing that is why they have those tubes attached but has the dude ^ said the pred can only breath without the mask in a one gas so the pred probaly need the breather because he could breathe in this gas

~the mind is a terrible think to waste~
~your heart tells you your true path~

The_Reverand, Yautja, 18 years ago

Maybe it's a fashion accessory?

To Die in Battle Is too Die with Honour
To Die without a Cause is too die for Nothing
- Semper Fi

daveberg, Yautja, 18 years ago

Lol, roll in the rayban shades and gold chains.

I'm not entirely sure what it is though, I'd go along with some of you and say it was perhaps a breathing tool to aid the predator with it's intake of different gases - as the xenomorphs don't rely on Oxygen, what's to say the preds do either? I dunno, who the hell am i anyway, i hate aliens and predators......

Wait...that's not right.

froggy.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
BugRenders

Topdogg, Yautja, 18 years ago

i still go with the fact its due to the gas's in the air, in the pred 2 special edition there is supposed to be extras were they go through the tools the pred had, i might just get it and see what they say about it

topdogg2.jpg

Ancienthunter, Yautja, 18 years ago

I'm sorry but its kinda iportant daveberg u know your sig about hthe singing frog i heard is reall cool and popular in U.K. my girlfriends been bothering me to find it and download so i was wondering if anyone could give me the name of he song or something thank u guys

Untitled423222221.jpg

Ancienthunter, Yautja, 18 years ago

oh and with the breather think is because in the city its always filled with allot od carbondioxide from the cars,factories,burning stuuf and the preds are use to clean air on their home planet and lol i guess he had asthma so he neede a spare breather in case he lost his mask ust a hunch but i think its obvious

Untitled423222221.jpg

Vicious_Hunter, Yautja, 18 years ago

If you remember they filled the room with some sort of radioactive dust to track him when he was cloaked, that sort of airborn substance might have effected the way it breathed

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

ancienthunter I see you're on, just bumping this up so we can talk without creating spam m8

stalker.jpg

maybe

stalker.jpg

spearhead, Yautja, 18 years ago

i think the predator in predatoe 2 was hurt and had trouble breathing, that whayb he uswe this aporator to help him.

boards dont hit back

the_doctor, Yautja, 18 years ago

that still doesnt explain why the other preds didnt need it, im now thinking its got to to with the Co2 in the city air like most everyone else said

are you predator or prey?
http://huntinground.tripod.com/

doctor.bmp.jpg

I found this:

Emergency Methane Breather
Provides an additional eight hours of methane for the Hunter (in the event that the mask is lost or destroyed). The system is only active when pressed firmly against the face.

Untitled333a3333lojas.jpg

Vicious_Hunter, Yautja, 18 years ago

they dont say anything about it in the special edition of the movie, i just borrowed it from a friend an watched it all, nothing sorry

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Deathdrop, Yautja, 18 years ago

Actuually, the asma thing could be a possibility. If he had some sort of alien sickness where he became ver sensitive to impure air, he would need the breather.

deathdrop.jpg

Stalker, Yautja, 18 years ago

lol. I heard that it was an emergency breather that the pred had in case it lost it's mask but they seemed to be breathing oxygen fine in pred 1 & AVP so I've got no idea. I'm thinking blooper