Alien thinking?

ash, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

So i've been reading a few posts here and obviously watched the films. I know from what i've seen and read that the Alien is nothing more than a killing machine designed only to reproduce and survive. However i'de like to know if an evolutional stage might ever occur? Do they start to think more about what they are doing? Do they adapt differently if it happens that there main strategy in life is to reproduce? We as humans do alot of thinking and we do fine and are stable (so to speak) as goes to the predator too.

Just something on my mind, what's your thoughts?

DeathWraith, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

So far we know that they develop extremely fast and are only active while it has something to kill. I believe they are capable of very complex thought, but don't get the opportunity to think too much.

Kirby-Cage, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

seeing that aliens are soppose to be saprior to there host then youd think there would be some intellagence there,after all humans are intellagent, preds are intellagent it only gose to say the aliens are intellagent to.

i may not be right but thats my thoery on this topic.

Yeah that's all true but say the alien film. How long where the eggs on the planet for? They could have at least thought of a way to grow? I mean they live from having a living host right? Remember the time it takes to fully take full adult form which isn't long you would assume that the facehugger would have the same intellect of a fully developed alien no? Just something iffy that's all.

all i can think is that the eggs were in a stisis feild and that guy broke it.that and the planet was barren(no life execpt for the alien eggs)ment no hosts
for the aliens to grow and developt.

as for facehuggers there intellagent is limited to an point most aliens ARE instenct driven and that leaves intellagence to the dogs.but that dosent mean they arent smart.thay have the intellagece to sneak up to just about anything,and they can do complex ambushes.

i still say that the queen is the the aliens biggest strengh and waekness for the aliens.the hormones control the aliens not the aliens themselfs and there almost lost without one the only thing they can hope is another queen comes.

SERIOUSLY???? Kirby, i can't read your posts for some strange reason, it's probably the way you shape the words in that strange language you use.

And Ash, you dissapoint me.

How the hell is a facehugger supposed to have the same brain power as a fully grown drone? It would most likely be like the difference between chimp and human.

Well the fact that the facehugger seems to know what it's doing when it hatches but is it instinct though? The intelect of a facehugger has to have the same knowledge as a newly formed alien because it doesn't take that long to fully grow does it. All i'm saying is that under different circumstances i would say the alien isn't just an ultimate surviving creature at all.

Well i don't know where you learned to logic that way, but the facehugger and the Drone are two different creatures wth two different brains. You would have to compare the Drone to the chestburster, not the facehugger. And plus, all animals seem to know what they're doing when they're doing something and are able to learn lots of stuff. One of my cats actually learned how to make his mews sound exactly like "mama" when calling for my mother. And my current cat knows how to use the door knob, i doubt that's just instinct. But all that is irrelevant. It would be only logical for the primary function of a creatyre to be included in its instinct! The facehugger is MADE to facehug, of course it would know how to do it better than any other creature.

Yeah my bad for actually forgetting the fact facehugger only impregnates. :\ lol. Well yeah same question goes to a chestburseter then! An alien is taking the trates from it's host i.e dog, human ect i understand that. However to have that statement to zay all animals seem to know what they are doing, and your examples are actually not backing statements lol. Your examples are of things gradually learnt through experience. Aliens are clearly clever with there social structure, they rely on a higher sorce (queen) to do all the thinking even though the rest clearly know what to do without guidence. Just to keep "ultimate creature" can't be taken seriously if they dont do anything but kill and keep basic. Through knowledge i know from an alien (not loads) but they are being labelled this way but at the same time are being seen as actually clever? I raise this question because what if they adapt to not just killing and ending up in limbo once life is nothing but aliens? Get it?

I've motivated countless times that they can't adapt because they are kept in a short leash by the queen's consciousness, being stronger and they just kinda sleep while they're not defending her. And she's a cunt.

And also, no matter how fast a creature develops, it is wrong to assume that the young creature would be as smart as the mature creature because of that, unless you assume that the mature creature is retarded.

off topic:death i feel like you insalted me...but rather then as ask you to say your sorry im goning to pretend you already did...only cause i know you wont.
i think that in being a leader you think your all that and your not(why cant people get that though thier head?)i dont think youve been nice after you left the SS(Shadow Serpents)and all i see from you is insults.

It's nice that you feel that way but if you don't improve your spelling even when you're obviously capable, then you deserve to be insulted. Do you see that? Insulted, not insalted, i can't have insalted you because "insalted" is not a real word, unless it somehow means that i dipped you in salt.

Please note that whatever ingenious way of trying to be the better man you may come up with, i won't read it if your spelling is devised in such a way that i would have to forget proper English just to uderstand what you're saying. If you don't want people to complain about you, don't give them a reason to do so.

Leandros88, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

no all this is wrong aliens are stupid and preds are awesome. end.

seriously though i'm just joking, aliens are actually pretty smart in the natures survival kind of smart not the quantum physics smart.

Meestor_Pickle, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

Hello everyone, just wanted to say my opinons.

Pred is smart, no doubt about that. (Spaceships, the way it hunts etc etc)

But I think alien has a decent amount of intellect itself. But their smart in an animalistic cunning sort of way. As was said they ambush well and can find their way around problems.

As for the facehugger, it would be comparing a human infant to an adult, and they are driven on instict. Hug.

ONCE AGAIN NOT LIKE COMPARING A HUMAN INFANT WITH AN ADULT

More like comparing a human uterus with an adult.

black_warrior, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

Sorry if this has been brought up already, guess this post can be omitted if so. Anyway, is anyone forgetting that the queen obviously used the elevator in Aliens (right?)
Also the planned ambushes from the ceiling/floor in Aliens.....

xenos in Alien3 were smart enough to use their acidic blood to break from a holding cell.

In Alien 4, Alien 3 was with the runner and there was only one of them.