Alien vs Predator alien gameplay

Ace, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

Yup fianlly lol

DeathWraith, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

I can't believe they put the health bar on TOP of the fucking screen. What the hell is wrong with them? How the hell will i watch stuff from above if the top of my vision has a fucking line on it that FORBIDS ME FROM FUCKING SEEING ANYTHING?

And why... is the pheromone signature so weak... It's supposed to be seen from a distance because pheromones are like a scent! That's how they know where you are even when you're behind a ton of walls! Well at least they got that right, you can see it through walls, which none of the other games actually had. So i guess that makes up for not seeing them from a distance, it would be pretty unfair in multiplayer i guess.

I see the Alien is fast enough and has the useful "fisheye" effect to his vision. The guy playing's an idiot, as usual. Either that or he's on xbox.

The headbite looks fucking good and i like that you see your tail while looking back running.

Estatica, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

Not very happy myself about how weak the pheremones seem - they seemed a pretty distinguising feature for me, and whenever I tried to play a race without the pheremones in previous games I found myself rather lost. Hopefully they might strengthen it slightly when someone who played the previous games manages to get in and suggest they change it.

As for the view - I'm not so sure about seeing blue all the time. I like a variety of colours, thanks, not a fishbowl effect with a blue filter. What's the purpose of that blue filter anyway? Just because the alien is dark blue doesn't mean it sees everything that way, I wouldn't think.

The healthbar isn't such a big concern for me, but I do like my healthbar at the bottom - maybe they have other things planned to go down there instead? Not sure what would be more important than the healthbar, though.

predator428, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

I think the guy playing just sucked.

The marines seemed to be carrying portable lamps that the alien was able to destroy. A nice little feature to help with a more stealthy approach, unless they were just some sort of mission objective item for that level.

Its also nice to be able to see you tail when whipping around and being able to see your hands when climbing down a wall, gives you a feeling of really stalking your prey. I'll leave the strange filter to either bad camera quality or some type of non useful vision mode.

Ace, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

well its still a work in progress, u can see it at 20 seconds. But yea the guy playin sucked lol