WildC.A.T.s vs. Aliens

Deathdrop, Yautja, 14 years ago

You know how in all those old comic crossovers, the Aliens and/or Preds always lose while the Superheroes escape without so much as a scratch?

Not so here. In fact, the Xenos kill something like half the superheroes on the team, as well as the entire staff of their space station, which has to be destroyed to stop the xenos from spreading to Earth.

Imagine this in any other context. What if, in Batman vs. Predator, the Pred suddenly decapitated Robin?

It's certainly a more honest sort of crossover.

I've got two questions:

1. Is the above info accurate?

2. How is the issue overall?

concretehunter, Yautja, 14 years ago

well i would say that we have to think about the writters. aliens and preds dont realy have a attachment as caracters yet used as plot devices. saying that if you kill batman.... fuck no more books ect... its just a reader letdown. i mean if a pred dies you dont go "Aww he was my favorite" because no one cares but if "HOLY SHIP batmans killed?" then its abit diferent. realy shure in real life why not.

I mean, the Xenos still lose in the end, but MY GOD. Half the main cast is casually off'd in the process.

It was really an excuse for Warren Ellis to relaunch the book with his own characters, but still.

DeathWraith, Yautja, 14 years ago

A bit off-topic, but damn, that reminds me i had a full collections of comics in which marvel heroes turn into zombies around here somewhere...

assassin, Yautja, 14 years ago

me to dw

Marvel Zombies? I love that series. Part 2 sucked, but 3 got it back on track.