A Blast From The Past

hyroglphsarenice, Undefined, 17 years ago

do you all remember the days of the Super Nintendo Entertainment System or also know as the SNES? well guess what i found? of everything there could be there was a alien versus predator game! sorry PC super nintendo had it first. heres a screen cap below

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

(for simplistic use just call me hyro)

Stalker, Undefined, 17 years ago

I have got the actual Arcade version of the game on my pc. My step brother had the emulator & he burned onto a disc for me. The only prob is for some reason the colours are all weird & the sound is sketchy, so the game isn't working right on my comp for some reason. But BT, I can send u the whole emulator complete with games if u wanted.

I think the first time I actuallty played the arcade version was when I was about 7 or something. I knew as soon as I saw the arcade machine with "Alien vs Predator" written on it that I would be playing it for ages, I actually remember spending nearly $30 in that arcade playing that one game in a single day. Although it might be fairly weedy in comparison with AVP2 & the like, it's still a great retro-style game.

stalker.jpg

cardmaster12595, Undefined, 17 years ago

I found a site to download it from.Go to Google and type in "snes pc emulator" and click the first link.Click one of the mirror sites on the page and download the zip file.I have yet to find the game though.What was it called?

MySig.gif

Unknown, Undefined, 17 years ago

You guys palyed it on pc? If you did where can I find it?

differentknife.jpg

hajou3, Undefined, 17 years ago

I still have an NES, I dont have that game though(I only have like 3 games for it)

Hajou3sSig.gif
The only thing in space that can hear you, is the thing making you scream... Me

cardmaster12595, Undefined, 17 years ago

SNES stands for Super Nintendo Entertainment System and was as someone said a Nintendo console released late 70's through early 80's.I was about to give everyone the links XD.For anyone wanting to get into Emulators I also suggest NesterJ,an emulator for the NES(Google it).I think theres one for all the old systems. www.rom-world.com is great but the only Alien or Predator themed ROMS there were Alien Vs Predator and Alien 3.

MySig.gif

FrozenAlien, Undefined, 17 years ago

lol Gnfcdeath, and thanks BT. I'll tell you if i'm doing something wrong =P(lol a SNES is one of the earliest game-consoles of the 80's, probably the late 70's. You might of heard of the early Zelda or EarthBound games)

---------------------------
Kainde Amedha of the Hive

00FA_sig04.5.PNG

WTF is a SNES

Genfc-DeAth-Sigg-Gif.gif

Hey FrozenAlien heres a link to download the emulator.

http://www.arcadeathome.com/dl.phtml?arcade/fba_026.zip|

And heres the ROM(Game) Avp

http://www.rom-world.com/file.php?id=24449

After that put the avp file inside the Roms File wich is inside the fba 026 folder then load up the emulator click Game and load and then click ok and it should start. Any questions just ask.

differentknife.jpg

i think the one on the compter all of them are good man avp 2 very good avp 2p very good

to me i like killen aliens

FrozenAlien, Undefined, 17 years ago

Ooh i remember playing that somewhere along my life lol if anyone could, can someone tell me where to get the emulator and the game for teh PC?

---------------------------
Kainde Amedha of the Hive

00FA_sig04.5.PNG

Well I found myself the emulator online thanks cardmaster for the advice. I also found the game along with the emulator. Man I have to say I felt like a little kid again playing it on pc. Its pure button mashing fun. After so many years the game doesn't feel so outdated to me even though it really is. Yeah it was good times playing that game at the arcade, and now I can play it on the pc for free.

differentknife.jpg

the_doctor, Undefined, 17 years ago

yeah ive got the this on my SNES emulator, played it in a arcade last year too, still is fun after all these years

are you predator or prey?
http://huntinground.tripod.com/

yoyo.jpg

Awww man I would die to get my hands on that game again. I was about 7 or 8 years old when that came out. First time I played it was at the arcade. It would be nice if they made it for computer like they've done Mario on computer.

brokentusk.jpg

-Bloo-, Undefined, 17 years ago

The Classics are always fun! And the same as me, I played it on an emulator on the PC. I love that game no matter what. But do you know what makes me mad? When a just recent AVP fan compares that game to Alien Vs. Predator 2 or Predator: Concrete Jungle. They say it $uck$. But I disagree, the classics are the best. No matter how time consuming and worth it they are.

00Bloo_sig06.5.PNG

"To me, everyone is crazy. The ones in the Mental House just got caught."