why did ripley bring a cat

RavagersPrey888, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

all the cat did was get people killed by the alien

Deathdrop, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

The real reason WAS so they would go back and get killed.

As for the "in-universe" reason, she really, really must have liked the cat. It was the only other survivor at that point, so... Why not?

Funny story: At the premiere of Alien, someone in the theater yelled "Leave the fucking cat!"

DeathWraith, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

Cats are cute and cuddly, much more important than your averege human.

Nick_Kang_20, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

She didn't like the others, so she used the cat as a way to kill them indirectly.

Sam-Jack-Dunn, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

You see, Weyland-Yutani Corporation is owned by Cats, which are far more intelligent than humans and have been planning a takeover from the start. The Xenomorph was created by Cats, and Cats can control them. Jonsey was an agent sent to stop Ripley from becoming as awesome and badass as possible.

He failed.

The only way to stop a cat from starting a highly influential interstellar corporation is to give it a pensive look and then say "A cat is fine too." This will make it never want to be around humans again.

By no means should you say "IF I SEE THAT FUCKING CAT ONE MORE TIME", that will only make it try harder.

Sam-Jack-Dunn, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

Ignoring it will only make it want attention even more.

Therefore, that is why Predators hate cats.

BloodHarpy, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

Ok let my tell some of you "guys" about animals. Dogs look up to people, cats look down to people, horses are sorta like cats only they look up to people who love them.

If your in a horror movie the dog usually is the antagonist like in Cujo, Rotweiller or the Resident Evil series. Or the dog get's killed like in Alien 3, Turner and Hooch, Eight Below, Snake's on A Plane The Hills Have Eyes, Call of The Wild or like poor Sam(Samantha) in the movie I Am Legend. Although the dog can get far like in the movie Independence Day, Volcano or even 2012.

Cats usually live like in Alien and Aliens. And Critters.

predatoress, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

Actually dogs don't naturally look up to people, you have to prove you're worth to be looked up for. Common misinterpretation that people does until they meet an animal, who just don't give a damn about your orders (the kind of dogs I love) lol It takes very long time to gain these animals' trust whereas cats can be true humanlovers from the birth.

I think the cat was in it as refer to xenos, animalistic wild side, hissing etc. qiving hints of what is coming.

Ladies tend to like cats more than men though lol *cough* Kind of support for the loneliness, and I could imagine of taking my cat in space with me. He couldn't survive without his crunchies and cuddlebuddy longer than a day though lol

Shadowwall, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

WOOPS i have a cat

BloodHarpy, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

I like cats! But I have two dogs.

This thread is now about listing what animals you have around the house. I have a sister and two parents.

Shadowwall, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

same