So... How the hell did the facehugger get through Kane's helmet?

Deathdrop, Yautja, 14 years ago

This is something that always confused me. Did it somehow spray acid?

predator428, Yautja, 14 years ago

If I remember correctly, this topic has been made three times, once by myself.

So far the only explanations are that it somehow sprayed a weak acid or just broke the helmet, both of which do not make any sense.

It was this or talking about the sexual symbolism in Alien for the 15th time.

DeathWraith, Yautja, 14 years ago

"both of which do not make any sense"

You are aware we are talking about aliens here, also known as xenomorphs, of which xeno means alien. What's the big deal with facehuggers being able to secrete acid? I mean it they're full of it.

Yes, but the fact that is was able to guess the thickness of the helmet and secrete just enough acid to melt through it and not injure Kane. For that matter, how did the acid stop burning so fast?

Because it's alien acid from outer space.

Sort of makes you wonder why they bother with the whole chestbursting thing if the facehuggers are so formiddable.

"Because it's alien acid from outer space"

Well, that settle's that!

Oh come on, THAT doesn't make sense. Why do they bother to grow into huge, intelligent, close to indestructible monsters if they could just as well be small, relatively fragile, squishy things?

-Bloo-, Yautja, 14 years ago

I remember reading somewhere that it simply just broke it with its penis.

Er, tube.

Reproduction stick.

That raises the question of how the facehugger knew that the helmet was artificial and not some sort of chitin exoskeleton.

Well, I can't play the 'Aliens might have encountered humans before' card because it was a newly born Facehugger, so that's out.

It's possible that it didn't know and, upon making contact, broke through the helmet with its tube, realized its host's actual face was inside, and stuck it down deeper.

I was kidding.

PREDATORv2, Yautja, 14 years ago

The answer is simple, the helmet was made from cheap Chinese plastic, When the facehugger leapt at Kain, a split second before impact Kain let out a yelp which caused micro fractures to form in the helmet, causing it to loose all its strength.

^ I second that theory.

Maybe the helmet was an illusion and the Facehugger had the lens of truth.

Maybe Kane had taken the red pill and the facehugger was really his way "out"? TRIPPY!

Gaunt, Yautja, 14 years ago

Um, I think the answer is, when the facehugger came out of it's egg it had so much force it broke straight Kanes helmet, It wasn't any acid it was just the power of the facehugger as it leap'd for Kane.

Is everyone happy with this theory?

From what i remember, it was pretty obviously acid. But i may remember wrong.

BrutaL, Yautja, 14 years ago

It probably had 1337 powers, but I'd stick to PREDATORv2's theory.

Nick_Kang_20, Yautja, 14 years ago

To be honest, I don't think anyone knows the real answer to that question.

But, if you look carefully, the edges of the hole which the facehugger made looked like it was corroded by something really hot, sort of like when you heat plastic.

Who the hell cares anyway? Godzilla could've pissed on it for all I care.