Rodriguez's 'crazy and intense' idea

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

--> Clicky <--

I was excited about the new Predator movie until I read Spy Kids...

So, Predators. CONVERSINATE

PREDATORv2, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

Well....that sucks.

Deathdrop, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

He thinks the problem with that script was budget?

That worries me a bit.

Think positive, think positive, think positive, think positive...

PREDATORv2, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

"It was this crazy, intense off-world story and there was just no way it could be made. The technology wasn't there yet."

Well when the guy explains that this is the reason why his script wasn't considered it bothers me. It tells me along with being "off-world" that the srcipt contained a lot of useless shit.

I still hate aliens :)

DeathWraith, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

And aliens hate you, my love. :)

But anyway, i didn't really have high expectations for this, even though i'd hoped it could be good. We'll just have to see, there could still be a chance. Wait for a trailer and if it's good, the movie will suck.

predator428, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

I was under the impression that he was abandoning that crazed script. Please let that be true. Oh, please let that be true...

shadowatching, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

“No matter how many ‘Jaws’ movies they make, people never forget how great the first one is. You can always come back to it, people love it and they want to love it. ‘Predator’ is like that too. It’s a great premise, a great character and fans get excited when they think of what can be done with it.â€Â

this one is so true, that I won't even begin to explain why.

Pointing out that the first Jaws is the only one people remember doesn't help his argument very much.

YOU KNOW WHAT? I bet Christian Bale will get the main role in the end.

STOP TRASHING MY SCENE!

(I know, I know)

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

Hey, give him a chance, man. After all, he directed Spy Kids 3-D!

Yeah, it could go any way from here. I'm setting the bar relatively low for now...

Well at least Antonia Banderas was good in that movie.

Hmmm Antonio Banderas would do nicely as a main character in a Predator movie.

killswitch, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

haha, am such an idiot i clicked that trailer in the center of the article thinking "Oh gawd, this is the new movie, damn they made it fast" Somtimes Logic is a little slow to kick in.

Nick_Kang_20, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

Hehe, I clicked it too.

Let's just hope he doesn't screw up.

Gaunt, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

If this film is gonna happen I think I'd like to more fight scenes, I meen I'd like to see where they have a little diologue and speech here and there but I would like to see more fights.

I think the thing I'd like to see is some marines ambush a predator buy suprise, That would be great =D.

BrutaL, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

Oh great Scott let this movie be decent, if they manage to even pull this movie off. I'd be really surprised if this movie turned out to be good. I mean, Robert Rodriguez + Predator = No good. Sure, Rodriguez can make scary movies, but this is way out of his league. If only Stephen Hopkins or John McTiernan could make a sequel...

black_warrior, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

Im Iffy on it, hopefully itll turn out well.

"He said he won't have to stray far from his ranch outside Austin to create the settings he needs.

"It’ll be a mix. A lot of location sets and some green scene. There’s a lot of different places in Texas I have in mind, and we have a great rebate thing there now, only 60% has to be shot in Texas. We’re scouting for locations now. You can find some alien landscapes in Texas for sure. And with the right augmentation, you can make anywhere look like anywhere now.""

Well, looks like most of it is gonna be shot in my city....

At least he didn't call it "pretty intense" eeeeh? Eeeeeh?????

TITANOSAUR, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

(Screeming at top of lungs, running around with arms flailing about) It'll Suck! It'll Suck! It'll SUUUUUUUCCCCKKKK!!!!

like somebody earlier said, if the trailor is good. the movie will suck. so lets hope for a sucky trailor. LOL! nah I got doubts. every sence AvP and AvP-R I lost all hope in fox.

ya'll know they are going to try and make an ALIEN sequil?

but anyways....

IT'LL SUCK! IT'LL SUCK!!!

Let's hope it's at least in the "so bad it's funny" range of suckiness.

BrutaL, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

Indeed, I hope it won't be a superbad movie. However, if it actually becomes good (if that even is possible) I'd assume there would be sequals, unless he disappoints everyone. Predator cult renewed.
I'll pray for this movie, literarly. :D