Could the movies be split in to 3 timelines?

tashux22, Undefined, 14 years ago

Ok could it work like this if the 3 series are not

Alien only timeline

Alien
Aliens
Alien 3
Alien Resurrection

Predator only timeline

Predator
Predator 2
Predators

AVP only timeline

AVP
AVPR

Ok would that mean for the Alien only timeline does that mean Bishop II would be 100% human since no AVP would be there to change him to an android.

Grid-Head, Undefined, 14 years ago

but alien takes place in the future
predator takes place in the past
AVP takes place in the present

-Bloo-, Undefined, 14 years ago

Predator
Predator 2
Predators
AVP
AVPR
Alien 5
Alien
Aliens
Alien 3
Alien: Resurrection

The first Weyland doesn't become an android, Scar kills him. The android you see in Aliens would be there regardless of AVP ever existing.

DeathWraith, Undefined, 14 years ago

Personally, i'd like to think the AvP movies never happened in the history of the Alien franchise.

Deathdrop, Undefined, 14 years ago

Unless you want to tempt Fox into making "Crisis on Infinite LV-426s" I'd suggest just ignoring whatever movies you don't like rather than go for an "official" timeline.

Polish_Bear, Undefined, 14 years ago

@ Bloo, Uh, I think He means the Bishop from Alien 3.

@ Post Question, uh, yeah I guess that would mean he was the real deal, Unless, if You want to assume that he (Bishop II) was a more advanced synthetic.

Holy shit. I haven't seen you in some time.

@Polish_Bear

I see in your profile "The Great Daveberg can vouche for me on that"...
Ah, not really, The Great Daveberg has abandoned us a long time ago, PREDATORv2 is now the headmod. But welcome back, i've never heard about you before.

Actually, V2 and me are pretty much equal in terms of power even though I TECHNICALLY outrank him. But it's not an ego thing for me. Nope. Never. That would be horrible.

Really? I'm pretty sure Praetorian made him headmod or something that makes him the boss of you anyway.

But anyway, to stay on topic, i like to think that the Alien franchise, the Predator franchise and the AvP movies each have a different timeline in a different world having nothing to do with eachother other than being about aliens/predators. You know what i mean?

I wish that were the case, especially with dumbass explanations like "The reason the technology in Alien is so advanced is becasue it's made from PREDATOR TECH!" You, not becasue it's in the future or anything.

Don't forget Angus, he's a mod, too.
What the hell happened to Stalker and Katam?

Anyway, cross-overs? That's dumb and you're all silly.

But while we're all currently participating in a very engaging conversation about said cross-overs, I'd like to point out the fact that we're on a fansite dedicated to that type of shit.

I don't mind it. It's not the idea that's bad. It's the way it's been... shown to us, the fans. When people talk about AVP, the FPS computer games and earlier movies (the good stuff) tend to get the short end of the stick and all we think about is how Lex would look good if she just - wait, what?

What I was saying was all we think about is how Scar teamed up with a human, the Predalien shoves babies down other people's throats, and the only way to solve this problem is through giant explosions, either in the form of a wrist computer or a nuke falling from the sky.

They won't ever make a good cross-over movie. I know this because I'm supreme holder of all the knowledge in the universe and I say it can't be done.

See, people realize this and now we're going back to ideas like Predators and Alien 5: the Prequel to Alien and a sequel to Alien Vs. Predator.

There are new comics, too. Whatever little hope I have left for the franchise is still there.

Katam? No idea. I haven't heard from him in at least a year or so. Stalker left out of boredom, and Angus... No clue.

It's been me and V2, mostly.

cleticyautja, Undefined, 14 years ago

the timeline makes a bit off sense i think because if humans saw loads of aliens in avpr they wont be suprized in alien

EDIT:that made no sense.

Well thank you for clearing that up for us, i understand everything now.

@ DeathDrop: Hey Brother! Hows It Going! Last time I poked in Everybody thought You were dead. Eh, uh yeah, I kinda fell off the site when the RPGs started takin more focus then moc scientific discussion, but uh yeah I better put more detail on the Welcome back Post I guess, If I ever get around to it. The site seems to have found a good balance nowadays.

@Deathwraith: Really? Ah, Bummer, I could've swore that I Saw a few threads with Daveberg as author on them a few days ago?

@ Bloo: Speakin of crossovers I put up one heckuva good one (thread concerning the subject) way back when that suggested as long as we kept swearin out of it (with the help of our gracious mods), it might be a nice thought provoking intellectual discussion.
I have it copied somewhere on my comp, I'll repost it again one of these days just to let you all 'ave a go. I can't remember which, but one of the mods back then agreed but said that ultimately all crossover thread/discussions (NOT RPGs) became flame wars and that the idea had just been better off left alone.

That doesn't sound like a bad idea, though I could understand why it'd get out of hand... some people are just convinced that their favorite species is the best and anyone who says differently is wrong.

I'm not sure if that was the problem before but go ahead and bring it back, we need some actual AVP discussion in these forums, lately it's been internet memes and other off-topic stuff.

Also, Dave. Yeah, he left a while back, same goes for every other forum I knew him on. Those topics you saw were brought back because of spam, which is why one of them was locked.

@ Bloo: Great! I never intended that the threads turn into "Aliens vs predator vs Batman! who is DA bEST!?". But something more akin to Aliens vs The Imperials from Star Wars and maybe set up a scenario and say "Hey! How do you guys think this would play out?".

More Like a Aliens, Predator, OR (Not And) USCM vs some other science Fiction thing (Protoss, Elites, Tau). I'll repost the thread and the parts that I copied and uh, watch the response, and if it meets favorably, I'll probably start like a series of threads. I think I'll try the format like the one described above and like every week or so come out with some new scenario and provide some sort of spec for the OpForce so non-fans of what ever it is can comment as well.

Protoss have mind control, so that option falls, off topic - i can't wait for Starcraft 2.