Howcome the predators in P1 and P2 are so weak

alanwu123, Yautja, 15 years ago

Are they a unblood predator.

in P1 , only a simple trap can make the hunter nearly die
in P2, shotgun can hurt a predator and the predator need a fxxxing thing to breathe.

Howcome?

FireHunter, Yautja, 15 years ago

well, maybe because that trap involved a tree log falling on it's head..Predators are strong, but not impervious to severe head damage.

In Predator 2, why WOULDN'T shotgun rounds hurt the Predator, like I said before, they aren't invincible, anything that hurts us is likely to hurt them. It needed it's apparatus to breathe maybe because of lung damage, Earth's Atmosphere might kill them after breathing Oxygen for too long.

And plus, AvP was ridiculous, AvP2 the Predator was way more skilled, and avoided damage in the first place.

DeathWraith, Yautja, 15 years ago

Short answer, they're not weak.

THERE IS NO LONG ANSWER OLOLOLOLO

TDN, Yautja, 15 years ago

And plus, the Predators in Predator 1 and Predator 2 both got quite a good kill count compared to the other Predators.

The first one killed trained Guerillas and Commandos. The second one killed gangsters, cops and some special forces group sent after him. The ones in AVP only killed some Archeologists (who are somehow armed) and then proceed to have 2 of them killed by a single Alien. The one in AVPR didn't kill much in the beginning (mostly destroying evidence), and only in the end did he actually killed some Aliens. And if you count those in the ship, then that's even worse because they all got killed by a single Predalien.

Deathdrop, Yautja, 15 years ago

The 2nd Pred took 6 bullets from a shotgun at POINT BLANK range, got right back up, got his hand sliced off, fell several hundred feet, got smashed through several walls, and finally got a smart disk, (a weapon that can cut through metal) jammed into his chest and dragged up and down.

You mean to tell me you watched that and thought he was weak? It's one of the most over the top "killer keeps getting back up no matter what" moments in movie history.

predatoress, Yautja, 15 years ago

^ An excellent point. But when it's explained that way it makes me think of Freddy or Jason, somehow it seemed more believeable in Predator...

^ Probably because even though Predators can survive that, they'll let you know it hurt like a motherfucker.

The fact that they're in pain helps the beleivability factor. In FvJ, Jason casually strolls around chopping people up while on fire.

I though of something else: Are the original preds considered weak compared to the AvP preds? As in the "Alien-bursts-his-tail-through-my-chest-and-armor-with-very-little-effort" AvP preds?

TDN, Yautja, 15 years ago

Deathdrop: And yet for me even after all you've said, I still feel that the original Predator was much stronger. The reason for that is because the 2nd Predator did everything with the help of a huge arsenal of weapons (Spear, Darts, Netgun, Discs etc). Somehow I believe that while he would've still been a threat he would've have able to do so well without them.

The first Predator was able to kill a team of well trained commandos, the same ones who killed a whole village of Guerillas without much effort, the team that have Arnold and Jesse Ventura with a Minigun. And he did all that with only a wristblade (which was much shorter than the one in AVP) and a Plasmacaster. In terms of skills, the 1st one was the only one that impressed me.

cleticyautja, Yautja, 15 years ago

The predators from PREDATOR 1 and PREDATOR 2 r not weak.Deathdrop has already explained how the Predator in the second movie. the one in the first survied a rain of bullets easily apart from wound in leg.That is only wound he got apart from the log falling and hitting his head.He wore less armour than avp preds.I know the avp preds maybe able to kill that elite squad but they hav more aromour and weapons.

concretehunter, Yautja, 15 years ago

Can i say something? preds are week? seriously first. the biggest in AvP was huge. but he needed 2 small preds to help him. the only reason he dident die is because he only killed 4 aliens. kk? the others died by getting mauled. and if a fucking archeologist who wasnt armed can friend befrend it and live thought the things. that pred was week. pred in pred 2 was fucking tough. he got through about 10 gansters with SMGs firing randomly and he dident get hit. he got hit in the lungs and he got shot witha shotgun. ALOT kk? in pred 1 the pred took on Arnold and he only lost because he had around 3 logs fall on his head and had a granade explode on him. and arnold only won becaus ehe dident actualy fight the pred. he just set traps. and the pred killed a harmed and un armed man. thats badass for a pred

TDN: I know the one from Pred 1 was better. I like that whole movie better than Pred 2. The point is that neither one of them were weak.

Everyone else had already pointed out that getting a big log dropped on you isn't very healthy, so I figured Pred 2 could use some defending.

predatorgirl, Yautja, 13 years ago

the reason the preds in avp were killed so easyly is because they were teenagers.
adults would be much more harder to kill because they have had more experiance.