what the heck

TribalWerewolf9, Yautja, 15 years ago

im kinda confused. the humans in avp all took about one hour to die by the chestburster but the predator took about 5 hours. i just thought it was because he has the the armor and tough skin but i dunno.

TDN, Yautja, 15 years ago

Maybe it's because that the biological makeup of Humans and Predators are different, making the gestation period longer for Predators?

But honestly though, they messed up big time in this movie. If I remember correctly, in the original Alien the time it took for the Chestburster was at least 24 hours after the crew member was facehugged.

MaxFate, Yautja, 15 years ago

Maybe it matters how strong or if it wants to come out.

predator428, Yautja, 15 years ago

The common idea behind shorter gestation periods for chestbursters is that the predators injected the captured queen with a stimulant that speed up their growth. I believe there was even a scene shot showing this being done to the queen, but didn't make it into the film. Some speculate that these injections caused the resulting drones to grow incorrectly, resulting in their strange appearance.

But honestly, its just the fans trying to find a canon way to cover up the mistakes of directors.

OTANG, Yautja, 15 years ago

Each director adds their own $.02 into a movie. I wouldn't sweat it too much. However, we can't tell how much time has elapse between impregnation and chestburters emerging.

the_doctor, Yautja, 15 years ago

but thats the role of us fans, filling in gaps. heck the series contridicts its self in aliens so...

TDN, Yautja, 15 years ago

I don't see how Aliens contradict anything that Alien did. Aliens never showed us exactly how long was it between the time the first colonist got facehugged to when the Marines arrived there. And since in between the trip, the Marines had to undergo cryogenic hibernation (freezes the body, allowing them to survive for a long time), I'd probably say it was alot more than 24 hours.

the_doctor, Yautja, 15 years ago

i wasnt talking about the facehugging to chestbursting period as a contridiction. i was saying in general. just having the xeno's without the domed head was a contridiction.

Karo, Yautja, 15 years ago

yeah, that was an aesthetic choice by the director but i think it was worthwhile, its funny how the first avp did the dome heads then the second did not

tawganator, Yautja, 15 years ago

Back to the topic of gestaiton, if you read Aliens: Outbreak. They give an answer to this; "We had assumed the gestation period was time for the alien embryo to feed and grow, but it was more than that. it was an opportunity for the unknowing host to spread its spore to other sites". Basically this means that the time from impregnation to "birth" depends on the hives urgency to grow.

DarkSerpentine, Yautja, 13 years ago

It's the genectic make-up. We can live in a Pred for hours and the finally bust out.

PREDATORv2, Yautja, 13 years ago

"its funny how the first avp did the dome heads then the second did not"

No its stupid, just like AVPR was...stupid.

Peterson, Yautja, 13 years ago

yeah bro but then again its hollywood right? i guess they rate to do what ever the hell they want.