DeathWraith, Yautja, 9 years ago

Well I remember that name.

krio, Yautja, 9 years ago

It's been a long time.
Well, guys, sad news. I'm quitting.
But, you can still be in contact with me on this site: http://www.quotev.com/26965962
This is my profile on a site named Quotev! I wrote stories there for 2 years!
Besides that, you can contact me by commenting me, if you have the time to make a profile.
I feel so bad for leaving you guys.
But the people there are really nice sociopaths, so my place is among them!

badapple24, Yautja, 9 years ago

Bu- but.... who will I talk to? Everyones leaving ;-;

You know you can be in both places at the same time, right?

ThePredator13, Yautja, 9 years ago

Finally back to stay for a while... honestly I have no excuse to why I left a while back other than I got bogged down in some stuff and never quite managed to drag my sorry ass back to the site. Anyway hello again all!!

Dronehive, Yautja, 9 years ago

I just made a huge mistake. I tried to read your writing.

I can be mean to people who quit, right?

ONIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII-CHAN!!!!!

YOU'RE ALIVE

I'm staying here for just a little while longer.
:)

Also, Dronehive, try to read something like this http://www.quotev.com/story/5826562/The-Winds-Decontamination/1/

And nothing before that, really.
I could not write well before any of that.

That was the one I read. It was a very lengthy synopsis; when does the story start?

Dronehive stop being mean to people in your own clan, you dumb idiot.

Just because he's in my clan doesn't mean I have to like him.

The prologue is mostly just backstory to keep you informed on how the world got into the state it is now.
If you don't like the prologue because it's too long (how can you hate a story because it explains itself to you?), you don't have to read it. Just skip to the first chapter.
:( Too bad you don't like backstories.

People said it was cool to know how people got into the situation they were, so....
I made these chapters the starts of almost all of my stories.
I hope that's not a bad thing.

Okay... I was kinda being an asshole. Here's what I think.

Having some prior knowledge to introduce you to the story is great, but you mistook that. The reader should get the back story from the CHARACTERS. Its true that it is necessary to have some back story written at the beginning (Look at the masterwork "Stranger in a Strange Land" for example. But having characters SLOWLY (slowly, mind you) reveal background makes I more interesting for the reader.

Honestly, it isn't that bad. It's got room for work, but its definitely a great start for getting really good. Sorry for being a jerk, I guess.

It doesn't matter if you like him, you have to act like you like him.

Well, you haven't read the rest of the story.
I have not given the background to ANY of the characters in the prologue, just told you hpw the world ended.
Think of RPG's.
"In the beginning, everyone was happy, but then darkness came, and we were left devistated, but then the light came, and bla bla bla."
It gives you the backstory to the world, not the characters.

What you said, the characters backgrounds being revealed slowly, that happens in this story EXACTLY.

You have to read the full story before you pass judgement on it, because lots of things you have said actually already happened.

You act like the story is only the synopsis, and like the rest of the story is also the synopsis.

... Fair enough, after reading this I will still say that the world should be developed slowly. Put the reader in, give them questions but don't scare them.

:)
Thanks, Dronehive!

DarkLioness, Yautja, 9 years ago

I keep showing up sporadically trying to kick back my activity and trying to come back here but each time something comes up or someone in my life ends up gravely ill, or passes away. I wanted to stay active here, believe me I really really did but sometimes things just aren't in my control. Plus life gets in the way and I've moved onto other websites and struck up many more acquaintances etcetera. Yet this website is always going to hold a lace in my contradictory, twisted little heart. Had some of the best times here on this site and I'll never forget that. I'll be around maybe during the next big RPG if I'm not busy running elsewhere but hey can't make any solid promises.

I'm gonna miss you guys, but while I'm not here I'll pop up on Skype occasionally or if anyone takes interest in VampireFreaks.com just look up LadySabertooth. For those of you that have me on Skype I don't mind if you share my Skype username it's all cool, just make sure when you message me to state who you are just to avoid confusion.

All that said, adios gents stay classy, stay safe and well keep up the dick jokes.

ultimate-xeno, Yautja, 9 years ago

I'll be gone for about a week, see everyone then

superxinyang, Yautja, 8 years ago

Anyone still remember me??? Any of the elders? used to be in hunter's moon long ago. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7hgkxnaK6w&index=102&list=FLQKdPxmu3SxYlhxym9Cf7WQ 5:45 of this video lol.