were did they get it?

concretehunter, Yautja, 15 years ago

HI,
in Avp they have alien eggs to infect hunmans for the hunt.. but first if they whent to a alien hive wouldent they have thousands of aliens to kill them and also wouldent the facehuggers facehug them... just a quick question.

Atin_Fordo, Yautja, 15 years ago

It only takes one Queen to create a colony, in the case of the aliens. The eggs seen in AvP were all created by the Queen after she was unfrozen and awoken. Basically, it's a rather simple matter. You find an alien hive, and exterminate or bypass all the aliens there, and extract either a Queen, or an egg that houses the special type of Facehugger that creates the Queen. The origin of the Queen in AvP is debatable, but one can safely assume it came directly from the Xeno homeworld.

However, it would be EXTREMELY old. In fact, I got a theory that the first ceremonial hunt was most likely not to exterminate all the aliens, as we see in flashbacks and the movie itself, but to capture a Queen alive.

xeno_slayer, Yautja, 15 years ago

Yeah it's mentioned in some of the books that yautja carry out large scale hunts in order to subdue and capture queens from hives.

cleticyautja, Yautja, 15 years ago

Well also i read off some where else that space jockeys may supplie them to the yautja but there is no proof of that.

-Bloo-, Yautja, 15 years ago

The Queen in AVP was captured in one of the special ceromonial hunts where the objective is to capture a Queen. The eggs in the egg chamber were new and came from her. I'm not sure how that conveyer belt worked to get the eggs everywhere they needed to be, but it was an alright explanation I guess.