Alien eyes,

concretehunter, Yautja, 15 years ago

hi guys,
over the years thairhave bean some crufufles over wether aliens have eyes. well when you look on predator 2 the skukll has eye holes and in alein 3 on the front of the case it has shiny bits. just saying

Auto_Pred, Yautja, 15 years ago

Obviously Aliens have eyes otherwise they couldn't see where there walking nor there attacking.

Cloaked_Hunter, Yautja, 15 years ago

true, but what about ultrasonic?, like bats.
exept from the really annoying sqeak....

alien-drone, Yautja, 15 years ago

true

well im just pointing out

DeathWraith, Yautja, 15 years ago

true

don't mind me, just contributing to the thread.

OTANG, Yautja, 15 years ago

concretehunter
2009-01-04 06:47:19
Yautja
hi guys,
over the years thairhave bean some crufufles over wether aliens have eyes. well when you look on predator 2 the skukll has eye holes and in alein 3 on the front of the case it has shiny bits. just saying

What are you, 6 years old? Please make a better effort to construct a viable post here. I don't know what a 'crufufles' is, but I believe Xeno use extra sensory perception as already posted in the past. They seem to have the ability to sense living life forms, both as mature adult and as an egg. Eggs open up as they sense hosts. In my opinion, they also have a photo-sensitive sense that helps them hide in shadows and not in direct light. Any of these perceptions also help with communication from the queen whether a life form is dangerous to the hive or not a threat.

oktang i couldernt be bother to type out a theorie because im tierd. now if you realy want to split hairs fine but some younger people "Celtic" may not know

cleticyautja, Yautja, 15 years ago

i dont get wht u are saying concrete(whisper something in my ear and it'll come out the other end thats why im rubbish at chineies whisper game)

-Bloo-, Yautja, 15 years ago

Aliens don't have eyes. However, an interesting fact to point out is that, if you look at a Drone's skull, it has a human-like front with eye-sockets, nose hole and everything up until the mouth area. It isn't used for anything, obviously, but why they have it is unknown.

It's best seen on Giger Drone busts and Titan's drawings, as he seems to include the human skull-like design not seen anywhere but the Grey, and even then many portrayels of the legendary beast exclude that tiny detail.

It's always bothered me as to why it's there. It could be just another "just 'cause" thing Giger decided to throw on to add to the mysteriousness or just for the hell of it. If I come across a clear picture I'll post it.

EDIT:
Here's a picture of the Grey's skull.
By Dan Luvisi, one hell of an artist. He's also done a Jungle Hunter portrait and a marine portrait, both easily found by clicking the links in the description of the Drone.

Griddy, Yautja, 15 years ago

I would think the Xenomorphs communicate telepathically, or with sounds and clicks. Sorta like dolphins, I'm just shooting in the dark here though.

Also, I would think that Xenomorphs have a human-like structure on their skull because they picked it up from their human hosts. I say that because the Xeno in Alien 3 took on the form of a dog, because it was came from a dog, while drones come from humans and sorta adopt the structure. I don't know, that's my guess.

alien-drone, Yautja, 15 years ago

i thought it might have been screechs like in alien res when the two aliens attack the other it starts screaming. also in alien vs predator the queen screams and the aliens come

ah now i get were your comeing from but if you look at the cover of alien 3 you will see a eye. seriously. its on the SIDE of the head or else they couldent see anything

tawganator, Yautja, 15 years ago

I'm gonna go with the telepathic explanation. This is best supported in Aliens: Labrynth. Read it and then decide for yourself.

OTANG, Yautja, 15 years ago

Nope there is no visible eye, despite the skull shown in Predator 2. That cavity may enclose a sensory bundle, however.