Predator Blood

PREDATORv2, Yautja, 15 years ago

Why do think its green? Theorectically speaking, don't answer: "Cause, thats what the director wanted!".

Could it be environmental? Or maybe it wasn't even green to begin with, maybe something happened in the evolution of the predators to change it.

Fun Fact:

John McTiernan (director of predator) used green glow lights to get the effect, but the reason he used those was because they were a child's toy, which was his way of trying to tone down the violence in the movie. He also pulled this in the scene where the predator kills Blain, the entire team unloads thousands of rounds of ammo, hitting nothing.

concretehunter, Yautja, 15 years ago

well thair blood isnt the same as ours may be difrent chemicals that make it up becuase they dont usualy mbrethe air they usualy have masks

cleticyautja, Yautja, 15 years ago

i think that predator blood mayb green because of the atmosphere they hav at there planet or because they hav a chemical in there body that makes them stronger and more powerful than humans and xenomorphs.(but it no good aganist protecting them against xenomorph blood)

TDN, Yautja, 15 years ago

Probably like people said it's because of the environment of their world. And it seems as though even if it's green it doesn't seem to give it any special properties unlike the acidic blood of the Aliens.

DeathWraith, Yautja, 15 years ago

Blood on Earth wasn't red to begin with either, so yeah, it's probably an evolution thing... But there are many things that could make it have that colour. Maybe the way it glows has something to do with the way their sight has evolved. Glowing in the dark wouldn't help much if they were able to see the glow, but with the infrared vision they can't see it. So i assume that if wildlife on their homeplanet also has the same kind of blood they would also have the same kind of infrared vision, because if they were able to see the glow, they would have adapted to not having it anymore. But for the colour, i don't know... I think they breathe nitrogen? But who knows, they may have a lot of oxygen in their blood too and it could be a certain electromagnetic thing that makes it look green and glowy like that. In an aurora borealis, oxygen molecules produce green and red colours while nitrogen molecules produce purplish-red and blue colours.

supersonicman96, Yautja, 12 years ago

Maybe they have different organs and need different chemicals given to those organs that make the blood green.

BananaAlienKing, Yautja, 12 years ago

Maybe its like us. Maybe its not green until it is exposed to oxygen or a different atmosphere.

bloodstriker, Yautja, 12 years ago

I agree with deathwraith plus in the predator movies there sight becomes diffrent without mask

Biorex98, Yautja, 12 years ago

I agree with AlienKing.