Suggestion...

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

...for the forums. I know these forums are much different from the standard phbb forums, but why not make them work the same way? We only have forums for Aliens and Predators. Why not a smaller general discussion section? A random topic is not nessecarily the same, that just sparks up a lot of nonsense. This section could also hold forum games, like the on-going My Skull.

It has the ability to hold these, among many other things, like an introduction section, an artwork section (where the official sig topic could also be held), or maybe a videos topic, like we had before.

Spam topics are out of the question and usually lead to spambots and new members thinking they can get away with breaking the rules, so I'm only saying we should have a smaller general discussion section without going too far.

There's already an RPG section, so why not?

PREDATORv2, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

"so why not?"

I agree with the idea, the only issue is that P has other projects and cannot devote much time to the site, as he has told me before.

So, try sending him an email, see what happens.

He usually only answers mail when he visits the site, and I have no idea when that is. I guess I'll have to wait, then.

alien-drone, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

sounds like a good idea Bloo

OTANG, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

I have suggested the same thing Bloo. It would be much easier to start a forum in the normal layout and would cut out many of the frustrations of having to see all the threads posted. A 'Search' function would also be great.

shadowatching, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

Even having some kind of mailing system. So we can talk to each other on here, if we don't want to give out our Messenger name.

DeathWraith, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

Yup that would also mange to get ME off your backs, too many changes would just make it seem like a totally different forum adn i'd get bored and leave.

Then come back after 3 months claiming i'm someone else.

But seriously, a search and PM system would be great. And the ability to block private messages from certain people would be extremely needed in that case. Just in case anyone forgets about it.

Peterson, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

all these ideas are great but then again we have to take into account the scripting P would have to use to insert such things don't get me wrong i would love to have all these things! Its just the Time ad coding needed to insert such things. But i belive that if get a large number of the active members to put their names down one person can email P saying "Hey myself and all these other people want to have this, this, and this done, What can you do to help us?" And i think we might be able to get some of these things into motion!

If it ever came down to coding the forum to look and work just like a phbb forum, you could just switch the forum to a phbb one.

I'm not saying it should. I was just suggesting a few small things.

nikkie_murray, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

I am just glad we had a small change.

Peterson, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

True, if anyone is interested in a new type of website with the elements Bloo is talking about send me an email at: [email protected]