Technical Problem- Alien Navigation Vision and Predator Technovision

bluesman, Undefined, 15 years ago

I recently reformatted a portion of my MacBook laptop to run Windows XP to access various MS utilities such as Word, Excel, and Powerpoint. I also installed my old copy of AvP2, which runs absolutely beautifully, except for one problem. The vision modes that require the 'negative' image style, namely Alien Navigation Vision and Predator Technovision, do not work, rather displaying a black screen when these vision modes are entered. Curiously, the menu and Mission Information screen (accessed by pressing 'Tab') both work great, and the game continues to function normally, even returning my sight when I exit the particular special vision mode. Predator human and alien tracking modes work like a charm as well.

Can anyone either help me resolve this problem, or at least point me in the direction of someone who can?
PS I downloaded the demo, same issue applies. Any ideas?

PREDATORv2, Undefined, 15 years ago

You could try downloading this graphics mod for avp2, it enhances the graphic detail of the game. The reason I'm suggesting it, is it changes the vision modes of the predator. That may fix your problem, or it may do nothing, but it is worth a shot. If it doesn't fix your problem, at least it will make the game look more realistic, lol.

Link

Griddy, Undefined, 15 years ago

Hell-O, I am also having this problem, can anyone help me out?

PREDATORv2, Undefined, 15 years ago

Try messing with the graphic settings on the game, if that doesn't work trying changing some options on your desktop display. Or you can look at my post above download that mod and try it out.

Thank you, I've tried messing with the graphics so many times, and for some reason, I couldn't download the mod posted above.

EDIT: What kind of changes on my desktop can I change that might let this work??

Haha, I still can't get this to work.

Haha, I still can't get this to work.