Alien Quad Trade in

killswitch, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

A new shop opened up in a city near me (CNEX) there a kind of electronics trade in shop. Im completely flat broke at the minute so i decided id trade in a load of stuff. I Pod Nano, X-Box 360 Tones of Dvds 2 bass guitars a Computer, Hard drives Games...... everything.

Anyway.... i got a shit load of money back for all this stuff ..... but just there i was checking out the receipt, just having a look at what i actually got back for some of the items and was completely shocked to see that for the Alien Quad boxset (9 disk addition one) which was once retailing for nearly £70 (($100) i got a miserable 60 pence ($1)

Sign, not a good day.

alien-drone, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

theirs a shop like that near me it has some decent stuff but can be a rip off

PREDATORv2, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

Why would you sell it?! Worst idea ever man!

(Glad to see you've come back.)

True. I felt bad doing it. Completely flat broke at the minute. Il buy it all back on Blu-Ray one day lol

hope you do it is a great boxset

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

I myself don't own it. I just bought all four movies for cheap at Best Buy seperately. They're all in the same series of Alien anniversary merchandise, though, so it looks as if they came in one box set.

not a bad idea

PREDATORv2, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

The thing I loved about the alien quadrilogy set compared to buying each movie seperate, was the quad had a ton of extra features it was amazing. I bought the single Aliens movie, it's extra features were poor at best.

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

You know, you're actually right about that. Whenever I buy movies, the first thing I look for is the special features. I usually buy special editions of movies because they come with a lot more.

Now I'm considering buying the actual quadrilogy, just for the special features. Don't know if I should sell the individual movies I already have, though.

666, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

No way in h!@# am I going to sell my stuff.To me,all of this,are just a big peices work of art. We all know that more of them are coming out, so why would we sell? It just does't make sence.(shakes head in disapointment)

Deathdrop, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

... It was made clear in the first post that he's selling them because he needed the money. I don't know about you, but I'd rather have cash than alien movies.

so would i if i was in trouble

yeah, exactly. The special features are the only reason anyone would want to own the quad boxset. The movies can be gotten to with ease these days. Iv actually watched every second of every disk including extras anyway.

Its something id like to continue owning so in 5-10 years i can stick it on and take a trip down memory lane, but if im broke and need cash im not gona hold on to them :D

---
Theres always Blu-Ray later anyway, though to be honest bar Rez the others would serve little purpose in HD. Not much point in bringing out the richness and colour density in one dark ass movie !! :D.

All sorted now anyway. Just needed money approaching Christmas. Cant be forgetting Mums present :( lol

the_doctor, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

60 pence? geez thats rediculous, also i was able here at least to buy the exact same editions that were in the quadriliogy seperate for around $12 each (back when the quadriliogy was retailing $80). that ninth disc wasnt worth $32 to me lol.

concretehunter, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

DUDE!!! you could have sold it on ebay for abbout £20