Question...

Doom, Undefined, 15 years ago

i dont want to be a bother or anything but i have a quick question. i havent been on AvP2 PH in approximately 4 months. and when i went try to hop on the servs last nite... it does that checking version thing. and cant find anything to connect to. and my internet connection is flawless. either A the servers are not there... which i think is highly unlikely. or B my university is being a tool about internet access... but ive not had this problem on any of the other games ive played online. and its slightly unsettling for me not to be able to play this game online... if anyone could help me out or just tell me what in the world is going on... it would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

PREDATORv2, Undefined, 15 years ago

"A the servers are not there... "-

Well Doom, I hate to say it, but yeah sierra shut down the AVP2 and AVP2 Primal hunt master servers, you can still play online with people, you just have to dail in their server's IP address. It sucks.

:( that makes me sad. and idk they would shut them down. :/ if they didnt want to deal with them anymore, then pass it onto a third party willing to host them... :P gawd i know people that woulda paid quite a sum to keep them up and maintain them themselves if they had to... so basically im screwed if i wanna play this game online..dangit.

Well, like I said if you hunt down the IP addresses of some servers you may still be able to play, but yeah the whole thing sucks majorly.

:/ so what i should start doing is hunting down people willing to host avp2 servers 24/7.. and compiling a list of ip adressess people can use and post them somewhere where lots of people will see them... and make a few phone calls to sierra's parent company about possible ways to fix it for us since they dont want to manage it anymore.

Hahah, if you put it in those terms..sure.

and idk how strong the community is anymore either. i know it looked like it was in its last throes a couple months ago. but still alive. and i think the server thing has pretty much killed off what was left.so basically if i want to play my game online. i have to revive an almost dead community. find/setup and fund servers.then proceed to maintain them. and keep the community alive enough to support it...O.o oh well thats not a daunting task at all. :P ill ask around. and see how many people are willing to kick.

DeathWraith, Undefined, 15 years ago

If we had the resources and interest, we would have our own AvP2/PH server running, but people on this forum aren't as united as they used to be amirite.

That maybe the case, as odd as it seems even in this site's hayday not many people played AVP2 online.

DeathWraith, Undefined, 15 years ago

Well AvP2 is not the greatest AvP to play online anyway. AvP is much more fun in my opinion, i have great memmories with cooperatives and deathmatches, drone vs drone, the map derelict, there were many options you could manipulate for the multiplayer in that game, great game.

nikkie_murray, Undefined, 15 years ago

Well that sucks, guess I can't play AvP2 online.