Stuck in AVP2

Champ, Undefined, 15 years ago

I'm trying to get the custom levels in AVP2. Can anyone help us out with it?

PREDATORv2, Undefined, 15 years ago

Sure, when trying to use custom levels, mods, or skins the operation is real simple:

1. Locate where the avp2 game is installed, it should be under: Fox, on most computers you'll have to click:

My computer -> Local Disc C: -> Program Files -> Fox -> alien vs predator2

2. Once you've located avp2 main folder, make a brand new folder entitled: 'Custom'

3. Now place the custom level, skin, or mod file into the new 'custom' folder. (NOTE: if the file ends with .rar you must extract it first!!!!)

4. Now insert the avp2 disc into your disc drive. A menu should come up, the one that gives you the options to: "Play, stand alone server, display, options, and quit."

5. Click "options" Now there should be something called a "Command Line" below the title there should be a long box that you can enter text into. In that box type: -rez Custom/YOURFILENAME.rez

NOTE!!!! MAKE SURE TO CHECK THE LITTLE BOX BELOW THE COMMAND LINE THAT STATS: "Always Specify these Command Line Parameters" If you dont check that box it will not run the new file!!!!

The reason you need the "-rez Custom/" part is it tells the game where to locate the new files. To make the files work you need to put the file name in after the "/" mark and the file should end with ".rez"

As an example: -rez Custom/DeathdealerPred.rez

IF you've got this all done correctly you should beable to see the changes to the game, or play the new levels, Hope this helps!

ahh ok then, I cant find any websites to download a map from other than having to pay for it. Is there a website where I can just download it for free?

Auto_Pred, Undefined, 15 years ago

Download all your maps, skins, and MOD files from here: http://aliensvspredator2.filefront.com

ok, i was looking at one of the files and it had a .zip on the end of it.

eg. fileavp2.zip

is'nt that a virus folder?

Auto_Pred, Undefined, 15 years ago

Nope, all maps/skins/MODS come in (.zip). Just extract it and follow the installation instructions in where to place the file.

DeathWraith, Undefined, 15 years ago

oh lol... .zip is an archive like .rar, only an older version, or maybe not older, but ceratinly less popular. You can extract it with Winrar, or you can use Winzip if you REALLY want to.