AvP3 Movie (or comics) in 2009

tashux22, Undefined, 15 years ago

We've heard reports that Fox is planning a new AvP film, but not much else we know about it. I have two news pieces, though, that possibly confirm AvP3, and even maybe its release date....

This poster was at Comic-Con earlier this week--here, more pictures. AvP3 teaser? A tentative 2009 release date?

Our movie guy Gareth Von Kallenbach - he runs Skiewed and Reviewed - did some digging and looked up Fox's movie schedule for 2009. AvP3 was on there.

"No big shocker, but Fox has scheduled AVP3 on their 2009 list," he says. "Now I am sure we will not see a film then, unless it is late 2009, as they do not have a script and they have not made an official announcement. But on the schedule they did list AvP3 for 2009."

Links for some pics of the 2009 thing

http://joblo.com/con-floor-pics

shadowatching, Undefined, 15 years ago

Dear god, not feast 2?!

alien-drone, Undefined, 15 years ago

loomed like people were enjoying themselves

Deathdrop, Undefined, 15 years ago

God...

EDIT: Wait a second! AvPgalaxy says the poster is for comics, not a movie. Supposedly, they're going to re-launch all 3 series.

I checked Dark Horse's site, and lo and behold:

http://www.darkhorse.com/Press-Releases/1596/Exciting-news-from-the-world-of-Aliens-Predator-and-Aliens-vs-Predator-7-27-08

This could be really good or really bad, but at least it'll be better than a 3rd on-screen crapfest.

... Right?

lilwrek, Undefined, 15 years ago

its godd that thay are making a number 3 so we know what thay do with the predator weapon or we would be going ? what happends to the weapon and waht do thay do with it.and when do the aliens came??

PREDATORv2, Undefined, 15 years ago

Yeah who knows, you have a lot more freedom with the comics, maybe they'll produce something worth reading.

the_doctor, Undefined, 15 years ago

had a feeling it was for comics when i saw the pics seeing as both of the pieces were from the "thrill of the hunt" cover from back in 2004

alien-drone, Undefined, 15 years ago

your right it is like the cover from 2004

Deathdrop, Undefined, 15 years ago

I tweaked the title to reflect the new info.

I hope they get some unique talent this time. "ALiens are bred by WY and escape" for the millionth time isn't going to cut it.