PredAlien -- A Queen?

greyskull, Undefined, 15 years ago

I recently watched AVPR again and I've come to wonder whether the PredAlien is not a drone but in fact a queen. It seems to me that since the xenos take on characteristics of their hosts during gestation and the PredAlien was able to implant new xeno embryos in the human victims then it was in fact a queen embryo that was implanted in the Predator that died at the end of AVP.

Had the PredAlien embryo been implanted into a human then it would have turned out to be a typical queen xeno as the one woken up in AVP (large armor plate on the head, multiple appendages, etc.)

Given that the PredAlien gestated in a Predator then the queen became more "warrior"-like and incapable of producing eggs but rather carried the embryos with it.

Anyone else have an opinion?

Stalker, Undefined, 15 years ago

The predalien was in fact, a developing Queen. It was mentioned many times by the Strause Bros. even before the movie was released. The large crest is even visible on the back of the alien's head.

Personally, I think the whole idea of the creature becoming a Queen by default simply because it was the only alien around is fairly inconsistent, we clearly saw in Alien 3 that a Queen is already unique from birth. Plot holes ahoy.

x_saysell, Undefined, 15 years ago

The way it has always been layed out (Going off the comics here) is that the Queen and the Pertorian guard were always "pure" in that their hosts DNA did not alter them during gestation.

But (with a capital B) the comics are not considered "cannon" so that theory has been thrown out of the window and landed with a resounding thud.
During film/production the brothers did say that the predalien was in actual fact a predalien queen. Although (in my opinion here) they are butchers and put the final nail in the AvP coffin.

I am pretty sure both Anderson and the Strause brothers are hired assassins charged with killing not only any chance of a good crossover movie but having a go at killing both individual franchises

I wouldn't say that...the Strauses made the predators look damn good in AVP-R. They certainly butchered everything else though.

greyskull, Undefined, 15 years ago

Stalker,

I don't think the PredAlien was a queen by default. We know that a facehugger can implant a queen embryo in a host. The was I see it the facehugger which got the predator in AVP was itself carrying a queen embryo. Hence the PredAlien -- assuming that the final form of an xeno queen can be changed based on the host it gestates in.

Only the rare "superfacehugger" can carry a Queen embryo, as seen in the special edition of Alien 3. The hugger which attacked Scar in AVP was a normal one, not to mention the fact that the hive in that film already had a Queen, meaning there was no use for another one.

shadowatching, Undefined, 15 years ago

A queen in a functioning nest
would suppress this development in all other individuals, halting their
development at the penultimate imago stage. This could be accomplished
via a special queen-produced chemical signal which causes the destruction
of adult canopies. A lone imago metamorphosing into a queen-imago
might require a period of hibernation as it develops the morphological
characteristics of a queen: the auxiliary ventral arms, large headpiece
sheath and externalized ovarian systems with associated legs. In this case, the adult canopy might be the source of the developmental signals which trigger the transformation, and would develop into the sheath. The queen-imago is a form devoted to producing large numbers of eggs in a short amount of time. Presumably, this form is a novel development which is specific to the social species. It might be that imago form retains the ability to create eggs at a much lower rate and at much greater expense to itself. This would require an override of the natural inclination for canopied imago forms to develop into queen-imagoes, and would probably only occur under periods of extreme stress when the nutritional requirements of metamorphosis into a queen could not be met.

The reason, why I brought up the nest and eggs. is because, the egg's was in the movie, and a small nest in the hospital that was being built. I may be wrong, as usual. But, I do hope that, it does draw more questions to the fact, that the eggs and the 'queen' was just...not the right way.

The_Hunter, Undefined, 15 years ago

Dang Dude, I thought you knew just Predators. I guess, there is more to you, then I would of thought.

Wouldn't, the magic of movies have a Queen at anytime though?

DeathWraith, Undefined, 15 years ago

By "dood" do you mean Shadow? I hope you mean shadow.

Yes I mean the hybrid, shadow.

Lone_Hunter2, Undefined, 15 years ago

hmmm just so you know (if you didnt already) shadowatching is a dudet, I reapet shadow is a girl not a dude but a dudet.

EDIT: oh okay never mind then.

I know she is a girl. I still call her dude. She laughs every time anyway. I am in her clan in Gaiaonline.

FireHunter, Undefined, 15 years ago

I remember a few weeks ago, i made a topic that stated that the Predalien may have shed it's mandibles, dreadlocks, and bright skin, and become a normal queen.

I doubt that would be possible. It may be like a dalmatian, where they are born with the spots and coloring.

The-hunter, Undefined, 15 years ago

It should be impossible to get a predalien queen as a queen empro does not combine with its hosts DNA and the facehugger was a normal one. Also the crest should of been visible on the chestbuster like in aliens 3.

The brothers have murdered the franchise :(