Space Jockeys

Waralien, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

Hey can anyone fill me in on the Space Jockeys. I already know that they were the ones who created the aliens, but I don't understand much after that. I looked at some images of the pilot from the alien movie and I noticed that the Jockey was biomechanical. Is this the reason why the aliens are all biomechanical in appearence?

xgmx, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

Well there are various websites with different information on them.

p.s.
How do you know they made the aliens?

tawganator, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

I dont think they made the Aliens but one of them may of been transporting them in the derilict ship in Alien. More infomation may be found in various Alien comics such as Aliens: Outbreak.

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

Think of them as something along the lines of Transformers... you know, living robots, or some shit like that. Not as robotic as Starscream but more like a bug, or something.

Er no one answered my question very well. And as for them creating the aliens, I read it on an old topic.

That's only a theory, like the Predator-Jockey war. The Jockeys may have used the Aliens as weapons and underestimated their power but we don't know for sure that they made them.

Ah I see, I must have read something wrong. So then are all these aliens we see in the movies hybrid jockey aliens? If so then the true pure aliens look different?

superxinyang, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

they might be the first victim of the xenomorphs,i read this in a website.some people believe that they rule the world

Maybe the first in a long time. They may have, in a way, resurrected the Alien species to combat Predators and misunderstood their power, becoming victims of their own weapon. Or maybe they sold them to Predators for the blooding rituals and the guy in Alien accidentally got hugged.

As far as I know the only true pure Aliens are Queens and facehuggers.

Hmm. Say that a super facehugger impregnated a jockey. Would the resulting Queen be pure or lesser of a pure. I looked at the Jockey from the Alien movie and it had biomechanical parts. Im thinking that a Queen may have taken these parts as an evolution step or something. But this is just me thinking here. I don't know much about how Xenomorph choose the right genetic qualities from their host to benefit from them.

TITANOSAUR, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

frankly I think that Aliens as Embryos are like blank slates. when they're carrier (Facehugger) injects the embryo into a host the Embryo takes the host's charistics. then the alien is born with the form it needs to survive.

the Space Jockeys may have been trying to save the eggs from a planet that was dying unaware of the true nature of the eggs. when the ship crashed the Predators may have found the ship took a queen egg and left. to me, judging the way it looks. the Jockey don't seem hostile, they seem somewhat friendly looking and may have only been trying to do the right thing and save the eggs. but thats my own dumb idea.

The characteristics thing is right, but you have to keep in mind that while that's what they do, they don't change dramitcally. Are there really any huge differences between the Dogalien and the 'regular' Alien? Not even Predaliens are that different.

Due to the biomechanical similarities between the Jockeys and the aliens it is a possibility that they are from the same world of origin. This could help in the theory of the the Space Jockeys useing the aliens for what ever meens they were using them for. Its like saying the jockeys are the humans on their home world and the aliens are undomesticated dogs.

Somwere down the line the Predators and Jockeys met the Predators could see the Aliens as a worthy hunt and either stole or bought some Aliens through a trade of some kind. Who said the jockeys and Predators were fighting in the first place?

Again, those two scenarios are only theories, unless one of them is proven in some way...

Hmm, very interesting. So the theories are:

1) The Preds bought/stole the aliens from the Jockeys seeing them as a worthy hunt.

2) The Jockeys and Aliens come from the same world or the jockeys saved the eggs unknowingly bringy with them a terrible creature.

3) They used the aliens in some war and the creatures turned on them.

Is this right so far?

Once again there only theorys, but now that I think about it the Jocky in Alien may of only looked bimechanical because its been dead for along time.

TITANOSAUR, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

it could be possible that the Aliens and Jockeys don't come from the same planet but same solar system. wich supports beings of Biomechanical nature. like this planet holds purely organic species.
although because our solar system has only one planet wich supports life (not including MARS due to the contrivercy with whether or not it was once inhabited) I am not asking anybody to be the case. however my theory still holds with Space Jockeys only tying to save the eggs from an impending doom. but in the most true and cruel form of irony they met they're doom as the eggs true nature where seen. and that they're solar system hold's Biomechanical species. and that they may also be alive. but my theory is that the Alien's planet may have been destroyed. thats my theory.