AVP did that well?

tashux22, Undefined, 15 years ago

Alien vs. Predator became the most commercially successful film in the Alien/Predator franchises.

Wow the movie must be that good then.

predator428, Undefined, 15 years ago

That is not neccessarily true. I am not even sure that AvP did do the best financialy in the franchise. Most audiences were thrilled to find out about another movie staring their favorite creatures fighting each other. That fact ensured that the movie did well on its opening day. The film was good enough to sell many dvd releases, so it has that going. But the film isn't the best in the series just because it did the best financialy.

PREDATORv2, Undefined, 15 years ago

That is why he said "most commercially successful film" Bar none it wasn't the best film, but as he said 'commercially' yes it was. I enjoyed it, and contrary to popular opinion it was a good film better than avpr in my opinion.

bad-blood, Undefined, 15 years ago

i thought avp was pretty good except there was almost no voilence!! but it was sitll okay

The-Wolf, Undefined, 15 years ago

Well of course its the best commercially. When everyone heard the news of the first Alien vs. Predator movie they went nuts! Its definitly not the best though. I think it was better made than AvPr was but I find AvPr more enjoyable compared to AvP.

I hope thats what you meant, PRED? lol

Hunter_Predator, Undefined, 15 years ago

Anything vs Anything is bound to sell, crossovers are huge, and everybody wants them and likes them. Alien vs Predator, Freddy vs Jason, and in video games they're even more popular, EVERYONE wants a Samus Aran vs Master Chief, of course they could just watch Mounty Oum's "Haloid".

If you want to make something that'll sell, but since all the good ideas are taken, then make a crossover and you WILL get some money.

The-Wolf, Undefined, 15 years ago

I don't really care for cross overs its just I love both Alien and Predator and when I played the game I adored the idea of it becoming a movie, not the fact its a cross over its just they are both amazing creatures that could work good in a single movie. Same with Freddy vs. Jason. Freddy and Jason were my childhood and I had to see him fight Jason.