Predator Question

tashux22, Undefined, 15 years ago

Ok in the first Predator movie when that Predator ran out of electricity for its weapons, how come it can still use its wrist blades freely?.

DeathWraith, Undefined, 15 years ago

Well, for starters, HUH? Te predator didn't run out of electricity at any point in the movie.

predator428, Undefined, 15 years ago

Do you mean the part of the movie where Arnie uses his explosive arrow to hit the predator? If so, the blast only damaged his suits ability to cloak.

PREDATORv2, Undefined, 15 years ago

If so, then the cloaking generator must run on a different system of power, because as you saw he was not able to cloak, but he was able to use his plasma cannon. I think the wristblades use a mechanical retracking mechanism and expanding system not power.

The-Wolf, Undefined, 15 years ago

Exactly, PRED. I think the machanics of the wristblade are shown clearer in AvPr. If you look closely on the Wolf's wristblade gauntlet, on the back where his wrist bends, it seems like theres something on the gauntlet that if he bends his wrist his hand would push it down, which somehow is a chain reaction to extend the blades out.

I never noticed that with Wolf thats pretty cool.

Yeah, I took to the time to show you, look:

wolfpredg.bmp.jpg

So thats a switch for the wrist blades to come out.

Thats my theory and I seems right to me.

DeathWraith, Undefined, 15 years ago

Why i think the explosives rendered him unable to cloak is because the cloaking device uses that net-like thingy to bend the light, and the explosives probbly just broke that netting and opened the circuit, so the cloaking device stopped working.

039_24990~Predator-Posters.jpg

Also, i assume that each weapon has it's own power source and are not all linked to the same one...

I never liked that idea. If thats true then that means only the Wolf's torso and left arm would be cloaked.

Stalk, or PRED want to collaberate on this?

I always thought the netting the predator wore, was for heat, that is if you believe the predators are cold blooded. As for the cloaking, the generator is a seperate item not connected to the medcomp or plasma caster, but I think it is tied into the predators armor, it along with the armor emits some kind of reflective visiable light, that bends the normal sun light, and creates the 'invisible effect'.

(Sorry about the late response Wolf)

bad-blood, Undefined, 15 years ago

yeah your right predatorv2 the netting actually heats the predator.

and i think the powersorce for the armour and gadgets also powers the bomb

shadowatching, Undefined, 15 years ago

IN predator 1, the film maker's talked about a butterfly that landed on the predator, then vanished from the site till it left his hand or arm. Anyways, what i was saying is, what ever the cloak touches (thats living obviously) it would vanish, like the people one moment gone, the next found. I think that the netting does tie in to it, but not as fully as we all think besides, a heating device. I think that there is some curcets (SP?) that does touch the netting, nearest towards the armor to protect it. I even believe that, they can control the netting like a heating blanket.

That can't be right. The Predator touches alot of things cloaked.

I don't think that butterfly thing counts since it was just a deleted scene.

I am talking about living things

and as stalker says, "IF its in the game or movies, then its cannon" so, yea...

The scene where the predator grabs hawkin's leg and drags the poor guy in the jungle to skin, Hawkins was visable the whole time. That blows that theory outta' the water. If you want to get technical, the body doesnt right away die, systems shut down, the brain and consciousness maybe gone, technically Hawkins was still alive and touched by the predator, and he did not cloak.

Bottom line is the cloaking suit is a contained system, unable to transfer to outside objects, living or non. It only effects the being in the suit. As for the heat netting, if you read the book, Predator: Cold War it goes into detail about the predators controlling their heat suit, and seeing foot steps melted into the snow. It also infers that the predators are cold blooded.

I am reading midnight and i have tons of questions right now about it. I can speak to you either on messenger or in the clan forum.

Offtopic: Midnight stomps all over the predator canon.

And when the cloaked Predator grabs Dallas in AvPr, Dallas never cloaked and he was alive throughout the entire movie.