does alien actually have eyes?

superxinyang, Yautja, 15 years ago

i didnt really see the eyes

praetorian12, Yautja, 15 years ago

of course an alien has eyes just under that shiny dark dome some say the aliens have extreme sensory organs but thats not true the first alien has visible eyes

DeathWraith, Yautja, 15 years ago

And how do you know that...? They have eye-sockets, but you have no idea if they have eyes or not. Plus, the director of Alien said he wanted them not to have eyes. Also, without extreme sensorial thingies, they wouldn't be able to find their pray as efficiently as they do.

praetorian14, Yautja, 15 years ago

do you know the name of the director his name is Ridely scott and i have alien directors cut with nine hours of special features and through out those nine hours he never mentioned the eyes

predator428, Yautja, 15 years ago

Yes he did, he said the same thing that Deathwraith said.

was it on a website because it wasn't on the directors cut

-Bloo-, Yautja, 15 years ago

Give it a rest. They don't have eyes... although interestingly they have sockets. And I'm not talking about those holes in the sides of their heads you see when they become Warriors. Look at the original Alien's see-through dome and you'll see what I mean.

ohh i thought you ment eyes in general but yeah i have an X-plus ALIEN wall relife and the dome is sort of see through and yeah you can see it's eye sockets

so they do have eyes,only not visable huh?that is why when i play as alien in psp i can see

The-hunter, Yautja, 15 years ago

No thay dont have eyes they see through electrisity,sound and vibration.(the book i got says it it might be wrong but i dont think it is.) Thats why thay see in the dark and do not like syinthetics. Also did you know that under the dome their is a human skull. The reasion is origanly aliens were ment to cacoon humans and turn them into aliens.

PREDATORv2, Yautja, 15 years ago

They have some kind of sensory organ, maybe they use echolocation, like dolphins. There are a bunch of different theories, but however they do it, they do it well.

Sam-Jack-Dunn, Yautja, 15 years ago

The eye sockets...the eye sockets....Hmmm.

I suppose that it is probable that the Xenomorph once indeed did have eyes, but over the milennia the eyes became less than useful, and thanks to evolution, atrophied into nothing. Remember, the bugs are highly evolved creatures. If we are losing our appendix and the whales (originally land-creatures) lost thier legs, then why can't the bugs decide they don't need thier eyes? I suppose that would explain why the eye sockets are still there in the Skull.

Then, there is indeed the fact that the Xenomorph does use human DNA, or at least the drone from the original Alien move did. Perhaps it was simply a redundant genetic trait taken from the humans?

Still, who really knows for sure? Anything's possible, with the Xenomorph. Let's just hope Uwe Boll doesn't get his hands on the franchise for the third movie and find a way to answer the question.

the original alien have human skull under them?!?!that is something new.so does your book says if the alien still have human behavour and momeries of their past?

The-hunter, Yautja, 15 years ago

Na it only says about the sensors its an art book but their was a documentuary about creating the predalien for AVPR and it said there.