Do people like AVP more then AVPR

tashux22, Undefined, 15 years ago

Well AVP does incorporate several elements from the comic books, although it has a completely different story. you could say it was very close to the comic books, is that why people like it more then AVPR?.

DeathWraith, Undefined, 15 years ago

Im sry wut? Who likes AvP more than AvP-R? It is confusing, because i only know one person who likes avp more than avpr and isn't 12 or so... or maybe he is 12... Anyway, "people" don't like avp more than avpr, where'd you get that idea?

Stalker, Undefined, 15 years ago

Some people prefer AVP, some prefer AVP-R, it's entirely a matter of opinion.

AVP had a better storyline, setting, & had a more stylised aspect to it. AVP-R on the other hand had far better creatures & non-stop action scenes, at the same time though, the story was less thought-out & was really just a shallow excuse for the creatures to beat the hell out of each other...or, to put it more accurately, for The Wolf to slaughter a whole lot of aliens.

praetorian13, Undefined, 15 years ago

well i like AvP better than AVP R because avp actually had a story line and avp r really doesn't .so avp r still has the animatronic shots(wich i think are the best)but avp s story was better

tashux22, Undefined, 15 years ago

Well some people said they like AVP better because its based on the early AVP comics.

the_doctor, Undefined, 15 years ago

AvP wasnt that close to the original comics...alot of elements were just pulled out randomly from the comics. even so the AvP comics honestly are not that great. i dont prefer either to be honest i think they both average to be the same.

AvP had style and story but lacked the action we payed to see. AvP-R was the opposite to this.....though really im probably more inclined to watch AvP-R over AvP so maybe i do prefer AvP-R....eh..

The-Wolf, Undefined, 15 years ago

I prefer AvPr. There's not much about AvP that I really liked except for the Celtic and Grid fight. Avpr really satisfied me. I'm not sure what the majority of the fans prefer. I could be wrong but my guess its a tie or very close between what the majority of the fans prefer.

Sam-Jack-Dunn, Undefined, 15 years ago

When I first saw AvP, I didn't think too much of it. For many fans of the franchise, it was a crushing disappointment. Then AvPR came along, and it really taught me to appreciate the finer points of the first AvP Movie.

I'd say AvP wins hands down. AvPR reduced the franchise to nothing more than a teen horro flick, minus the suspense that makes horror worth it. Special effects does NOT a good movie make. In fact, I tend to find the worse the SF, the better the movie. With a low budget, you HAVE to concentrate on story and characters.

Look at Aliens.

Look at the first Star Wars trilogy.

Even take a peek at The Thing. You'll know what I mean. Movies are losing thier touch to the shallowness of SF

praetorian14, Undefined, 15 years ago

plus the brothers strause used stalk sound because in the beginning the pred alien is making that same exact sound when ripley confronts the queen she is breathing weird and the predalien makes the same noise..........later when the guys are all in the middle of the town they shoot at aliens and aliens make that really screachy elephant like screach like the aliens in ALIENS. I also don't like the face hugger look they look way bumpier than the regular face huggers

-Bloo-, Undefined, 15 years ago

I liked the original Alien sounds. The new ones sound like man bear pigs fought with elephant pigs and won.

praetorian14, Undefined, 15 years ago

yeah dude the alien originals sound better oh by the way bloo the chest bursters are said to take the most valuble traits from it's host so why does the alien(s)take the eye sockets but no eyeballs?

superxinyang, Undefined, 15 years ago

i like both

xenotaris, Undefined, 15 years ago

I loved AVPR, well the story was based around mainly on who the corporation got its technology from the predators and you see a space jockey skull in the trophy room. i think its trying to clean up what avp messed up on. Because Paul w. Anderson did not even hinted the existance of the Space jockey and screwed up on the idea of xenomorphs are the ultimate prey when it should of been humans. And the woman that was the predators companion should of been japanese like in the comics. i hated on avp how that person acted like she was better then everybody else.

The-Wolf, Undefined, 15 years ago

Actually Bloo, those are the same noises from Aliens. I like those noises and think they should stay with the warrior Alien. I think the Predalien made that weird breathing because it was becoming a Queen.

Maverick98, Undefined, 15 years ago

i think AVP is alot better than AVP R and i think if voiced my thaughts on AVP R more than enough on this sight lol