Who wants Elder to return

tashux22, Undefined, 15 years ago

Would anyone like to see him again like be a main character, well I think it would be cool.

Note: In the AVP movie novel the Predator Elders name is simply just "Elder" just like how that Scar Predators name was just "Scar"

Stalker, Undefined, 15 years ago

Which elder do you mean? We've seen 2 of them so far, & there are many more we haven't.

Either way, despite the fact that Wolf was supposed to have been an "elite" predator, I would like to see a true elder up against the aliens in a future film, with possibly some blooded hunters or disciples at his side.

Well at first I thought the novel name Elder would be easy to know which one I am talking about. Yes I am talking about the AVP Elder

Personally I hated the AVP elder, he just seemed too ceremonial for my liking. The Predator 2 elder looked like a grizzled veteran, a true predator who belonged at the head of the pack. The AVP version, by contrast, just seemed over the top, with all the horrible looking ornaments & the giant cape, he just seemed too one-dimensional.

On top of that, he looked like a disfigured porcupine. I almost want to laugh at how plainly stupid his face looked on-screen.

DeathWraith, Undefined, 15 years ago

Maybe all the ornaments really were ceremonial and he was dressed like that because he was preparing to honor the new blooded hunters, which turned out to be a bit more unlucky/moronic than originally thought.

But anyway, what did the elder do that is so important that we would want to see him come back?

The problem is, aside from all the ceremonial trinkets & decorations, everything looked brand-spanking new. His armour looked like it came off the Generic Predator Assembly Line that the unbloods got theirs from.

With the Predator 2 elder, he looked like he'd been through hell & back, you could almost feel the history behind his character by looking at the decorations & wear on his body & equipment. With the AVP elder, it was like an old retiree playing dress-up who forgot to shave.

Well I think you can say the Predator 2 Elders name is Greyback because of the hot toys figure (Maybe it was hot toys figure?).

PREDATORv2, Undefined, 15 years ago

Stalker if you notice, most if not all the predators in the movie predator2 had the same armor on, but with very simple variations, So Ha!

If you think about it and are talking about the movies there are really 3 elders, Wolf, the avp elder and 'greyback' the predator elder from predator2. AVPR gave us a closer look into predator culture, but what my wish would be is Fox stop making avp's and switch over to making another predator film, that lays out the predator's life style and culture for us, but that will never happen. So yeah I'd like to see an elder in any new avp movies fox is planning on.

DeathWraith, Undefined, 15 years ago

Seing an elder has already become a cliche i think, just like seing an alien queen... so i think we'll see an elder in any future film that includes predators.

What I'm talking about, PRED, is that despite the fact he was supposed to be an old, grizzled veteran, he was still wearing the same shiny new outfits the rest of them were. It's probably due to Paul Anderson & ADI's horrible design choice for the predators in the movie.

The Predator 2 elder looked like he had alot of history behind him, he looked battle-hardened & even his equipment looked well-worn. The AVP elder just didn't convey that for me.

I honestly just didn't like him at all.

Anyway, regarding the fact that they were all wearing similar armour in Predator 2, at least they all looked unique in their own way, they still had noticeable differences. The predators in AVP all had exactly the same armour on. It just made them all look like generic clones of each other, with the only distinguishing feature being the mask.

praetorian13, Undefined, 15 years ago

elder? wolf or queen

superxinyang, Undefined, 15 years ago

sorry dude ,i cant answer you ,i have only seen avp,alien 1 and 2 so far......but i will see the rest soon

-Bloo-, Undefined, 15 years ago

They probably didn't put much thought into the other Predators in AVP. Hell, they didn't put much thought into the main ones either. In fact I think they were high when they did the whole pyramid thing.