New stuff to talk about

Deathdrop, Yautja, 15 years ago

I think we all agree that watching monsters punch eachother for 2 hours is going to get old pretty quick. What new ground could AvP touch on plot-wise?

predator428, Yautja, 15 years ago

Expanding more on the predator and alien homeworlds? Perhaps even some sort of explanation for the Space Jockeys?

superxinyang, Yautja, 15 years ago

well,there might be more of those crossovers like predalien

-Bloo-, Yautja, 15 years ago

Maybe Giger's earlier concept of the Alien. Some of those were pretty freaky.

DeathWraith, Yautja, 15 years ago

If they allowed Gieger to elaborate on the Jockey thingy concepts, they could introduce some glimpses of the creatures into the next film... And maybe let Gieger make a Jockey-alien and show it in the end, as the last people who live escape the scene, leaving the Jockey-alien behind AND ENDING THE DAMN FRANCHISE ALREADY!!

FireHunter, Yautja, 15 years ago

(I made this up)
"Alien vs.Predator: Infestation"
Cover shows Alien and Predator facing each other, unknown planet in between them, with a space jockey in the background. who thinks that would be a good movie. before you answer, here's the plot:
Predators and Space Jockeys fight in space, crash land on planet, humans find frozen queen and place it in museum, other captive aliens from crashed predator ship race towards bustling city, they wait for their queen to awaken. queen thaws out, infestation starts, five predators and 9 space jockeys descend on city, humans try to defend themselves, they're overwhelmed, call for help, plane comes to nuke city, it gets shot down by predators, and ends out with one of both predators and space jockeys, and hundreds of aliens and humans all battling it out, alien queen and human army leader start fighting, predator kills space jockey with bad wounds, alien queen kills human leader and loses an arm in the process, predator and alien kill each other and predator commits suicide with personal nuke before dying from blood loss. the end
Like it?

Couple ideas:

The hive needs a second look, I think. It would be nice to see how they interact when not killing stuff.

The whole "Predators through history" thing is just BEGGING for more exploration.

The Earth of the Aliens universe needs to be seen. It could really be interesting to see how society changes.

I'd like to see the inner politics of the Predator homeworld. We know how WE can mess with each other, imagine how the nasty the Preds get... Think "There Will be Blood", but with laser weapons.

What happens if/when the general public learns of the existance of Aliens/Preds?

A Predator questioning the whole idea of killing other life forms might be cool. It would open the door to exploring the philosophy behind the hunt.

A story that calls attention to the fact that the two most powerful species in the universe have matriarical societies.

And finally, a just-for-dumb-fun "world tour" where Xenos and Preds end up in different fictional universes and slaughter the natives. That could be amusing.

Waralien, Yautja, 15 years ago

Wow, those ideas would be worth making into a movie. Especially an Alien, Predator, or AVP movie that answers the questions that we want answered.

TITANOSAUR, Yautja, 15 years ago

I agree that the Pilots needs to be seen more. so far we only seen two Space Jockeys (the one in ALIEN and the Skull of one on the Predator ship on AvP-R) and I would love to see the Alien-Jockey hybrid in film. especualy if it was fighting a group of Predators.

and I want to see an Alien home world. be awsome to see. or atleast a world taken over by Aliens over 10,000 years earlier.

A bunch of other ideas:

More focus on the humans, possibly with a xeno invasion of Earth as the backdrop.

The long-abandoned concept of xenos becoming less violent and more intelligent should at least get a second look.

A comdey taking place in the AvP universe. Not a parody, but a darkly funny situation involving Aliens and/or Predators. Have Garth Ennis write it.

Something like the "Bloody Sands of Time" comic where the creatures are in the backround as plot elements, but not the plot itself.

A xenomorph-obsessed Pred who begins to regard the Queen as a sort of Goddess.

Archiologists finding evidence of Xenos/Preds and what they make of it.

Just for fun, tie the Predators into the Jack the Ripper murders.

OTANG, Yautja, 15 years ago

'I agree that the Pilots needs to be seen more. so far we only seen two Space Jockeys (the one in ALIEN and the Skull of one on the Predator ship on AvP-R)'

I might have missed that in the film, I don't recall Space Jocket skull in AvP-R

DeathWraith, Yautja, 15 years ago

Oh i remember now! I made a thread about a skull looking like a Protoss skull. Now that i think about it, it looked like a Jockey skull actually! Wait, gonna try to find the thread, shouldn't be hard since it's the only one made by me in the last 2 years or so.