Alien vs Predator - Universe
 News   Shop   Forum   RPG   Clans   Members   Encyclopedia   Movies   Games   Books   Comics   Artwork 
HomeForum › how long can an alien live?

Forum

how long can an alien live?

Register or login to post
superxinyang
2008-05-21 09:08:05
Yautja
i already know predaotr can live up to 300years but what about aliens?their eggs can stay for very long ,that i know.can you guys tell me about predalien age too?
the worst thing that can happen is not death, but losing your honour...
Waralien
2008-05-21 09:16:45
Xenomorph - Shadow Serpents
Well that's up for spectulation. Aliens don't seem to show any sign that they've aged apart from growing in size. As for predaliens, its just the same. Maybe they take the predator's life span or maybe they don't. There hasn't been any detail to the alien's life span apart from the eggs. But the eggs don't live very long either. In the first alien movie, I believe that in the jockey ship, where they kept the alien eggs there were other eggs along side the one's in the force field. The force field may have provided a way for the eggs to continue living because (and others may disagree) the other caches had alien eggs but those were fossilized. This shows that eggs do have a long life cycle, but they need a way to provide sustenace. The hive resin provides that. Without it the eggs days are numbered.

Anyone else want to contribute to the idea?

Vangaurd of the Shadows
Deathdrop
2008-05-21 09:17:13
Yautja
The original intent was that they only lived for a few days max, but that obviously went out the window with Aliens. There's really nothing to indicate how long they live in any of the movies (that I know of).
Waralien
2008-05-21 09:21:56
Hmm, interesting. But like I said its probably the resin that furthers their life span. Otherwise the Queen would just lay eggs and the workers will just put them in random places. In all alien movies the eggs were in a room with resin covering the floor. The resin, I think, provides sustenance to the eggs.

Vangaurd of the Shadows
superxinyang
2008-05-22 06:12:03
Yautja
so the risen might be giving the egg energy to live?
Waralien
2008-05-22 07:23:53
Yes but this only applies to the eggs. As to the adult Xenos, its more difficult to tell. I don't know if anyone here knows a Xeno's life span. In the movies a newly born Xeno's life span is only as long as it role in the movie. Many of the new borns are killed in the movie so there really isn't a way to tell how long one of them would have lived. Maybe its like I said before. Maybe they take the life span of their host (excluding the Queen) and some how alter it to their own benefits.

Vangaurd of the Shadows
DeathWraith
2008-05-22 08:54:40
I've always been sure that the hive is an organism that can feed on the walls it grew on... because it has so many gut-like tubes, that really don't look like resin and also, the queen's abdomen thingy, the part that lays the eggs, is clearly not a part of her body, but onlt grown around her. And so i belive the eggs are connected to te hive and are fed by it, which is why they can stay alive for so long.

READ THE RULES

A song about me and skull_ripper that I wrote:
"Yeah, uh, yea yeah, uh, yeah, crackers gonna crack yeah, uh, yeah..."
(thats what I have so far hope u like it)
lilwrek
2008-05-22 15:52:20
Xenomorph
well aliens will live for ever intill(until) a predator kills them.

i(I) even asked the people who made avp. i(I) am sorry i will be more beter(better) at doing(writing) my posts.

Edited and erased multiple posts by Otang on 5-27-08.
DeathWraith
2008-05-22 16:10:47
DO NOT make multiple consecutive posts! EDIT your post if you want to add something.

READ THE RULES

Waralien
2008-05-22 18:03:38
Here we go again. Someone please read the rules.

Anyway, that is the true life span of an alien. No one really knows how long one will live. There's always something out there that wants to kill and it so happens that killer is targeting aliens.

Vangaurd of the Shadows
superxinyang
2008-05-23 03:51:20
Yautja
thanks
praetorian13
2008-05-24 16:48:15
Undefined
the xeno's don't nessaceraly have a life span but a drone bee lives for about 4 weeks so multiply by 6 because that is how big they are so around 2 years if they don't get killed
i pay lifes taxes in blood
DeathWraith
2008-05-24 17:08:22
What...? Aliens are not 6 times bigger than a bee. Plus, 6 times 4 weeks is 6 months, which is not 2 years...

READ THE RULES

Register or login to post
Like AvP Universe
Become a fan on
Facebook
Follow us on
Twitter
Community
News
Community
Activity
Movies
Alien vs Predator
AvP : Requiem
Games
Aliens vs Predator
Aliens vs Predator 2
AvP : Extinction
Aliens vs Predator 3
Books
Comics
Movies
Alien
Aliens
Alien³
Alien Resurrection
Prometheus
Games
Alien Trilogy
Colonial Marines
Books
Comics
Movies
Predator
Predator 2
Predators
Games
Predator : CJ
Books
Comics
Site Search
Links
Link to Us
Contact
:: Associates ::
AvP Unknown
Planete Alien
Prometheus-Movie
Prometheus News
The Alien vs Predator - Universe website doesn't own or represent any of the trademarks.
Alien vs Predator, Alien, Predator and all related marks are trademarks of 20th Century Fox or of any of its corporations.
All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners