Queen Theory

PREDATORv2, Yautja, 15 years ago

I've been wondering about this for some time, and I'd thought I'd see if anyone else had heard anything about this queen theory from the movie: Aliens

The Theory:

So, as we know from the first movie the 'space jockey' ship crash landed on LV-426. From what Alien shows us there is only one 'pilot' maning the ship and he as it seems, was killed by way of a chestburster. What this theory stats is that, because the alien species was 'made' by the jockey race there was no need for a queen. The queen that appears in Aliens, is a product of when alien and jockey DNA meet. So what this means is that this facehugger was able to get out of the stasis field, facehug this jockey, which causes the ship to crash. After the crash this new alien form comes out of the jockey's chest and unexpectily falls back into the stasis fields, trapping it until the events of Aliens occurs. When Newt's family stumbles upon the ship and Newt's father is facehugged. This queen chestburster is able to escape the fields and make her way to the atmosphere processor. She grows and produces eggs, thus leading to the infestation of the entire colony. As for the hugger that got Newt's father, that 'normal' alien is killed off by the now altered alien species which were all spawns of this altered queen. That DNA gives them that different look, and abilities.

As for the later movies, because of the destruction of LV-426, that pure race of aliens were destoried. The rest of the aliens you see are either spawns or cloans from that first queen. As for the AVP queen, this event of these aliens facehugging space jockeys may have occured many times on different planets. And the predators were just lucky enough to snag one of those queens.

predator428, Yautja, 15 years ago

An interesting idea, but I have a few problems with it. If the stasis field was powerful enough to keep the queen chestburster down in the egg pit, then how come Kane wasn't affected by it in Alien? And then there is when the Jockey was facedhugged. I don't know how a lifeform will decay in a vacuum but judging by the state of fossilation, the Jockey was killed thousands of years ago. Wouldn't the queen chestburster have grown up in that space of time and be noticed by Kane in Alien?

Also, there is no explanation to why the other aliens follow the queen as a leader. If it were simply a large warrior, then the aliens would treat it as such. Plus, if aliens can get as large a trait as a new reproduction system from thier hosts, then shouldn't all the other aliens be more affected by their species of host?

PREDATORv2, Yautja, 15 years ago

Assuming that the crash may have made fluctuations in the power to the stasis field that would allow for the hugger to be trapped and then escape. As for the age, it wasnt elaborated on, but the fields may have been designed to effect only the aliens, and I'm sure that if, like I said the events happened before leading to the AVP queen. The jockeys would have added a safety features in the stasis fields making them stop all of the alien's bodily functions, and adding that distress signal.

Like I said this combo of Jockey and Alien DNA gave them new abilities.

predator428, Yautja, 15 years ago

I still think it's a stretch to say that an alien can grow an eggsack and lay eggs just because of its host. If that's true, shouldn't we be seeing warriors reproducing as humans do?

shadowatching, Yautja, 15 years ago

Why do i think that aliens are like frogs. If there is to many of one sex one would change. Is there like a super egg for the queen or is all the eggs look the same to me?

TITANOSAUR, Yautja, 15 years ago

I can't except your theory to be cannon. its quite obvious that there is a special egg with a queen Facehugger.

delta-boy, Yautja, 15 years ago

titan your right,
in alien in a deleted scene ripley finds a very small hive like interior with alien resin covering the walls and floor, brett is dead and stuck to the wall aswell is captian dallas but dallas is not fully dead,
brett was being turned into a super egg which would lay a queen while dallas the host, so the hive would start,go watch it on youtube

Namicole, Yautja, 15 years ago

ya i've seen it to. Although ive seen all the delted scenes of Alien/2/3/Rez and Avp lol.