what the hells going on here?

killswitch, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

lol is it me or does it seem that even Fox dont really care what Direction the alien and predator franchises are taken in anymore.

I mean have a think about the directors for avp and avpr. and what they have actually "Directed"

Greg Strause and Collin
Director:
AVPR: Aliens vs Predator - Requiem (2007) (as The Brothers Strause)
... aka Aliens vs. Predator 2 (Singapore: English title)
... aka AvP2 (USA: short title)
... aka AvPR (International: English title: short title)
16mm Mystery (2004) (as The Brothers Strause)
Mute (2003) (V) (co-director)
Download It: Behind the Scenes Video (2003) (V)
Nickelback: The Videos (2003) (V) (video "How You Remind Me") (as The Brothers Strause)

Anderson
Director:
In Production
2000s
1990s
Man with the Football (2008) (announced)
Spy Hunter (2009) (pre-production)
Death Race (2008) (completed)

AVP: Alien vs. Predator (2004)
... aka Alien vs. Predator (Germany) (USA: short title)
... aka AVP (USA: promotional abbreviation)
... aka AVP: Alien vs. Prédateur (Canada: French title)
Resident Evil (2002)
... aka Resident Evil (France) (Germany)
The Sight (2000) (TV)

Soldier (1998/I) (as Paul Anderson)
Event Horizon (1997) (as Paul Anderson)
Mortal Kombat (1995) (as Paul Anderson)
Mortal Kombat: Behind the Scenes (1995) (V)
Shopping (1994) (as Paul Anderson)

--------------------

id like to take this opportunity to also say Anderson completely Pawns the McDonnald Brothers as a director as i seen yet another know nothing fag claiming hed kill himself if Anderson directed the second... trust me you got the shit end of the stick... Adnerson is extremely Talented... but as regards the two franchises in question. hes out of his depth. Fox could have had damn near anyone they wanted.... but they went with these guys..... why, was knowbody interested in a movie that was destined to fail
so... AVPR, 16mm . the rest dont count ..........

Malus-Darkblade, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

George Lucas for the next one, maybe? :P

this is by far the worst Alien vs Predator fan site on the web. The current members are ALL retards who dont know shit enogh to talk about the most vague concepts of aliens and preadtors.

Malus, with all due respect... bar kiddie RPGs, do you contribute anything to the boards actrive chat? No, just bullshit spam, same goes for a large percentage of the boards current members. nothing compared to what it used to be.

lol best stay away from forums specific to individual movies. There just isnt enogh to chat about. bye

Malus-Darkblade, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

Of course I don't contribute much. I'm an RPer. That is what I do. Frankly other than RP related things, I don't have all that much to say. Still, might as well say something, right?

Besides, what's wrong with George Lucas, eh? He did a damned good job on SW and the IJ series. Who's to say he wouldn't do good at AvP? Sure, he probably won't ever do it, but a kid can dream, right?

DeathWraith, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

Holy shit, Anderson directed Resident Evil? Hehe, so you're actually right, we are retards. Damnit, if only that guy had done his homework and got a good plot for AvP it would have been great! I mean, Resident Evil is the best game to movie tingy i know... Andi myself would have never thought of picking Mila Jovovich for Alice, but she is damn great for that part and a great actrice! So it's not the director's fault i guess, but more Fox's fault for the low budget and the lack of interest... And of course you see the lack of interest in the next movie since they gave it to some special effects guys who made it better only out of luck...

The-Wolf, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

I thought Resident Evil was another perfect example of a great movie idea turned into shit.

its not that hes an bad Director, its the probability... he just wouldn't touch it and i think thats obvious, also your too snappy with you 1 line posts mate. theres no elaboration atoll for the next poster to build on..... . that shit will kill any forum.

Anderson is an extremely accomplished Director. and a fantastic visualizes. I hate people knocking him. Though great directors can get handed bad scripts

Deathdrop, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

As long as he's kept far, far away from the actual writing of the screenplay, I actually wouldn't mind Anderson coming back. Say what you will about AvP, but at least it looked nice.

black_warrior, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

I thought AVPR was good, compared to AVP. Not being biased because of Wolf kicking ass, but i think it just plain turned out better. The designs were somewhat close to the original creatures. I hear people say the aliens werent all that good, but some of the movie was so dark i didnt see much...

OT: Kill, this forum has been abit down in the dumps for a while. Sure there arent too many old members that post quality topics and posts, but its something. I try to contribute a bit, but there just arent many good ORIGINAL topics, its all repetative.

Lone_Hunter2, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

oh and on subject about Andersons avp, he wasnt handed a script...it was his idea,meaning his creation and guess what... it was chosen cause it stood out from all the rest.

but dont get me wrong I liked avp aside from a few of PA's obvius stuff ups and with fox doubling it to make it worse, (fuck all blood and gore compared to the original franchises, the supposed head bites in the two preds completly vanashing after we them get killed and their heads fall back and the cut from the extended version which should have been in the movie release, scar fighting the queen without his helment[tyhank god he didn't show the fight in the preds veiw during that time], the lack of fights [5-6 scenes] and the appaarent scar/roemeo thing).

now with avpr it was alot better in the whole avp stuff and blood and gore was alot better (espiacally in the uncut dvd) but human character development was poor where as avp human character was much stronger, and of course the movie was a tad too dark but hey it certainly gave off the feeling it was meant to send. and you complain about the strause bros? if weren't for them the predalien would have been running around using pred tech and skinning preds, not mention fox wanted the alien to take not only for the aliens to take what ever small and insignifaint physical traits, they wanted to take on the hosts personality as well. now tell me kill do you hate the strause less or more?, cause right now I'm really hating fox, aren't you?.

Venom, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

The film would have been better if it was directed by Anderson, he directed the first he obviously had plans for a second. i seriously believe that it wouldn't have taken the path of having it on earth, it wouldn't include a stupid 'Hybrid' like the one featured in requiem,etc.

Or maybe Anderson was offered but said FUCK OFF when he saw the stuff FOX wanted in the film. I'm pretty sure we'll be seeing a AVPVT from what happened with AVPR. 'Oh yeah i did like the first AvP, i thought it was the most awesome film i had ever seen when it first came out. I saw it 3 times at the cinema...When i saw requiem i walked out and said what a fucking waste of money! this is such a disappointment'

I Honestly think FOX is fucked in the head, i mean theres even a scene when the PA rips the spinal cord from the chef in AVPR like a pred.

At least Paul Anderson could get several things right unlike what Fox wanted to happen. Film directed by anderson:

Goods
-Had the Life Cycle of the Xenomorph Correct
-The Xenomorphs didn't look like fat dudes in suits
-Predators weren't overpowered and neither were aliens
(Grid kills chopper by using his stealth tactics, and Celtic with surprise. Scar kills several aliens with ease in the film.)
-had an overall decent plot, with some sort of story
-Good character development
-Predator design was kick ass (celtic !)

Bads
-Oversized Queen
-Plotholes
-Scar is sympathizing towards Lex

Strauses AVP-R

Goods
-Creature design for the predators was amazing, The Wolf looks Badass.
-They brought up the rating towards an MA15+, giving the film more realism as the creatures are violent
-Brief Look at the Predator Homeworld

Bads
- Screwed aliens life cycle
- The idea of a Predalien queen is utter BS!
- Multiple Chest bursters on one person is fucked
-Predator is OP (overpowered) to the max he was hitting aliens of as he was Bruce Lee against toddlers
-Terrible character development (ift here was any at all)
-Script was insanely unrealistic and awful
- Shit lighting ( too dark, couldnt see bullshit.)
- oh and the 'Hybrid' seemed to spew acid blood all over Wolf yet wolf didn't get seared, or burned, or scratched!
_ Alien Resurrection was Better!

Anderson claimed the movie didnt warrant a sequel

hes also turned down roughly 6 sequel opportunities over the years and indeed has never directed one. Sequaphobia if you ask me.

anyway. Hell of a Director. and one of a very small group of british directors making it in the states, or atleast trading water over there

PREDATORv2, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

I agree with what your saying killswitch, a lot of people hate Anderson and avp. Like I've been saying the film did wonders for the advancement of the predators. When you watch avp you feel like your watching a movie. When I watch avpr I feel like I'm watching a fan film on youtube.

"when i watch avpr i feel like im watching a fan film on youtube"

lol i really couldnt have put it better myself. At the end of the day that all the cheese burger brothers are, fan boys making a nice little fan movie.... i love aliens and preds as much as the next person, does that put in a position to start professionally directing the next block buster..... NO!!!