who was weyland-Utani bought up by?

shadowatching, Undefined, 15 years ago

ErdeKaiser49: LOLOL!! OH GOD! weyland-Utani was bought up by Wal-mart!!! HAHAHAHAHA

shadowatching: wait, what?

ErdeKaiser49:one of the scientists said it in the begining in a convo with 8 when the subject of the company came up, they said that the company went under long ago and got bought up by wal-mart XD

(Yes, its an actual conversation, between a xeno lover ( ErdeKaiser49) and a pred lover (shadowatching, me)

anyways, what do you all think, was wal-mart the foundation of the company?

ErdeKaiser, Undefined, 15 years ago

Wal-Mart, selling biological weapons at cheap affordable prices

predator428, Undefined, 15 years ago

It is a running joke about how many Wall-Marts there are and how they take over bussines. W-U was just bought out by a larger company in the movie.

black_warrior, Undefined, 15 years ago

I always thought that the Weyland company and the Yutani company merged...partly because of Predator: CJ, but also because now, at the end of AVPR, it is the Yutani coporation who recieved the pred technology, they just said Ms. Yutani, i heard no Weyland. also, from AVP, the original "Bishop" or Charles Weyland was also a separate person. I figured the person (maybe a son or relative?) had taken on the Weyland company and decided to merge with Yutani.

Edit: It is Yutani right?(sp?)

ErdeKaiser, Undefined, 15 years ago

no, this is from Alien: Resurrection, in the beginning where shes having lunch wish some scientists and acknowledges theres a queen on board, and says they will kill everybody in the company, mistaking the military for the Weyland-Yutani, in which one of the scientists replies that the company went under long ago and that it was bought by Wal-Mart.

i can just imagine those little smiley faces stamped on Xeno heads while ripping a humans asunder

black_warrior, Undefined, 15 years ago

Oh.....nevermind then, ive got no idea what to say lol. I was thinking differently as is obvious.

Deathdrop, Undefined, 15 years ago

WY has nothing on Wal-Mart in the evil department.

PREDATORv2, Undefined, 15 years ago

You all criticize Walmart, but just look around your house, I bet you all can name about 10 things you bought from them. Hahah

-Bloo-, Undefined, 15 years ago

I'm looking about thirty things I've bought from them... tape, electronics, some pudding.

Anyway... I'm pretty sure they merged and were bought by a larger company.

Deathdrop, Undefined, 15 years ago

Tough crowd...

I was making a joke. You can't spit in this country without hitting something made by a giant company that dosn't care about it's employees. I should know, I work for one.

I bitch about the government (particularly our idiot president), but I don't suddenly want them to disappear and let society break down.

Wal-Mart is not evil. They're a cooperation. They do what they do to make money. Same as all the others. Hope that made sense. Unless you guys were also joking, in which case I just made a total ass of myself. Again.

But Wal-Mart is not evil, that's my point.

Now Starbucks, THEY'RE fucking evil.

shadowatching, Undefined, 15 years ago

Joke all you want, someone would be upset. As for me, i have a dark humor along with my nanny predess ^_^

-Bloo-, Undefined, 15 years ago

You know who's evil? Macy's employees. Like, Jesus Christ lady, acting like a bitch won't get you anywhere. That's why you work at Macy's.