The Predator lifespan

tashux22, Undefined, 15 years ago

I think it makes sense for the life span to be hundreds of years.

This is what Paul Anderson said

Paul Anderson: The idea is the predators use the earth for their manhood rituals, and, what happens is every hundred years, because predators have a very long life cycle, they drop, 3 teenage predators at a pyramid, and they have to fight for their survival.

Though it is worth noting that in the first AVP film the teenage Predators were participating in a manhood "ceremony", while in the second AVP film the Wolf Predator was shown as a veteran warrior. So the Wolf Predator must be hundreds of years old.

black_warrior, Undefined, 15 years ago

Your Point/Question is....?

shadowatching, Undefined, 15 years ago

He wants our opinion of how long, yautja's live for.

Well I would say hundreds of years, perhaps even thousands. Anywhere from 800-900 to 1300 years. It seems close to what i remember someone saying, but im not sure. I can think of much proof right now. basically a wild guess.

Deathdrop, Undefined, 15 years ago

The elder from Pred 2 had the pistol since 1718, which would mean he was more than 280 years old. If the Predator comic is to be trusted, the elder was an adult at the time he got it. If Predator teenagers are already "hundreds of years old" as implied in AvP, that would mean he was something like 300-400 years old. The Steve Perry novels say 350, which is a nice middle ground.

PREDATORv2, Undefined, 15 years ago

Logically that makes the most since, but I like the idea of them living 1,000 or more years, 1,200 max maybe.

I agree with what DD said, as it makes the most sense and it has proof behind it that fits. but i also like the idea of them being able to be thousands of years old...

I also prefer the thousand year theory.

tashux22, Undefined, 15 years ago

Now about the Predator 2 Elder Predator & AVP Elder Predator, both Elders have not lost a significant battle, or else they would be dead. That explains why there still living.

DeathWraith, Undefined, 15 years ago

orly? sorry, but are you seriously saying that the reason for their still being alive is that they're not dead yet??? because that's a huge thing, could't have figured it out myself nowai!

Preds hunt aliens for fun. I think that sort of thing would get them beaten up pretty frequenty.

The-Wolf, Undefined, 15 years ago

I like the 1,000 year one too DD. But I want Anderson's review on AvPr.

Why Anderson? Do you want to see his explination for a movie he had no part in? Or do you think something is contradicted and you want to see him explain it...?

The-Wolf, Undefined, 15 years ago

No I just want to hear what he thought of it because I thought it was so much better than his AvP. I'm curious of what he has to say to the correction of his disapointment of a movie.