ALIEN defying Gravety?

TITANOSAUR, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

ever noticed the Drone in ALIEN actualy seem to defy gravety? mainly in the scene when the Drone kills Bret. the Alien seemed to just float down to the floor behind him and then flew away with Bret in its Claws. and there is no way its tail could have been used, first off we see its tail behind Bret, when it was sneeking up behind him. and it couldn't have used its tail to go back up into the cooling ducts. also there was no for of resin coming from its back pipes. so it could be possible that the Alien could actualy levetate. infact the commentary on the second disk says that the director wanted the Alien to "Defy Gravety" so I guess it could levetate.

what do you think?

Deathdrop, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

I think it was supposd to be grabbing the chains, but it does look like its just floating.

I could understand if it jumped after taking Bret. but then how do you explain that it just "Floated" down behind Bret?

DeathWraith, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

Well, first off, it "gravity" and "levitate", please, for the love of my brain (what's left of it anyway), stop using e's where there are i's. Also, if the director said it should levitate, then how come this aspect has been neglected in future films? It really would be strange to see all the aliens levitate around, would look silly, but still...

I don't think ALIEN was originaly gonna have a sequel. (atleast as far as the writer, producer, or the Director goes)

also I spell best I can. I may be 21 but I do have problems spelling. I'm getting old what do you expect lol. I'll work harder last time. maybe.

DeathWraith, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

Well even moreso it should have been the sequels taking in consideration the first movie, not the other way around... but whatever, aliens are good as they are.

Deathdrop, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

This would have made later films a bit more interesting. Just off the top of my head, that ladder scene from AR would have gone diferently...

The-Wolf, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

I always figured it was hanging onto to something that you couldn't see.